• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
AMD's high-end Navi GPU details: twice as fast as Radeon RX 5700 XT?!

"AMD has been cooking up a kick-ass successor to Navi with a 2020 flagship GPU that is being referred to as Navi 21, with the second-generation RDNA family coming on the new 7nm+ process node"

"This news is dripping with so much rumor mill juice that you're going to need both a bucket, and a tub of salt -- but according to RedGamingTech AMD is working on two new high-end Navi GPUs."

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67007/amd-navi-23-rumor-nvidia-killer-gpu-coming-2020/index.html
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6954...tails-twice-fast-radeon-rx-5700-xt/index.html

AMD-Press.png

A new high end GPU just taped out
https://semiaccurate.com/2019/11/15/a-new-high-end-gpu-just-taped-out/

AMD-Navi-Leak.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Please let's hope it's competitive on price and isn't designed to run at silly high temps.

It won't be unfortunately. Some living in a fantasy world forgetting facts. Until we see multi chip GPUs, prices will keep going up exponentially every year. Navi 10 size had to be cut to (251mm) be profitable. Same applied to the smaller chips used on 5500.

Something like the Turing cards size it (or the rumoured 5900XT 500mm2) would have really small yields skyrocketing prices to over £1500 easily.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It won't be unfortunately. Some living in a fantasy world forgetting facts. Until we see multi chip GPUs prices will keep going up exponentially every year.

On 15 November, S|A reported Navi 21's tape out, claiming 6-8 weeks in order to see a functioning card back.
On 30 December, we got the leak that a Navi 21 card is already in the people's hands in Taiwan.

AMD's market share with GPU is low, RTX 2080 Ti is overpriced, so the most normal thing to expect is a competitively and probably aggressively priced Navi 21 cards.

Of course, if its performance is significantly higher than RTX 2080 Ti's then 800-900 pounds price tag would be explainable.

Something like the Turing cards size it (or the rumoured 5900XT 500mm2) would have really small yields skyrocketing prices to over £1500 easily.

We don't know if it is on N7 DUV or N7+ EUV process node.

Soldato
On 15 November, S|A reported Navi 21's tape out, claiming 6-8 weeks in order to see a functioning card back.
On 30 December, we got the leak that a Navi 21 card is already in the people's hands in Taiwan.

AMD's market share with GPU is low, RTX 2080 Ti is overpriced, so the most normal thing to expect is a competitively and probably aggressively priced Navi 21 cards.

Of course, if its performance is significantly higher than RTX 2080 Ti's then 800-900 pounds price tag would be explainable.

We don't know if it is on N7 DUV or N7+ EUV process node.

You keep writing the same thing, without countering my argument with anything meaningful but rumours without any factual numbers.

£900 graphic card is TOO EXPENSIVE regardless if it is AMD or Nvidia. FULL STOP.
Anything over £600 is too much also, and that from me who bought a £700 295X2 and £730 GTX1080Ti.

I would be surprised if AMD pulls a 500mm2 GPU at 7nm at sub £1000 price. As I doubt Nvidia going to keep all these RT & Tensor cores if goes to 7nm.
More likely Ampere is 12mn until the MCM design is on. Otherwise expect £2000+ RTX3080 and over £2500 for the Ti models.

And all these are related to yield numbers in relation to the size of the chips. If we move to MCM design, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like an RTX2080Ti at sub £400.

bru

bru

Soldato
Well the ball is in AMD's court now, bring us the new card and let us hope they don't go too crazy on the pricing. As that will decide what way GPU pricing is going, too high and NVIDIA won't have to respond with the 3000 series prices, get it just right and it could spark the price war we all want to happen.

The 5700 series prices are very telling.

Interesting times ahead for sure.:)

Permabanned
You keep writing the same thing, without countering my argument with anything meaningful but rumours without any factual numbers.

You should know that Charlie Demerjian is one of if not the most reliable source of credible information in the industry.
If you don't take what he writes in his articles, then I have nothing more to discuss on the matter of "factual" things.

bru

bru

Soldato
Yup, but tbh for the performance you get (only a few percent off the 2070S now!) I say they're pretty good value :)

And with that one comment we can see the way Joe public and probably AMD see things.
Everybody myself included, has lambasted NV2 for bringing us a mid range GPU at upper teir priceing and it is only with the 2070 super's that they have at least stoped trying to use the lowest end chips for midrange cards.
We all had high hopes for AMD to slap NVIDIA with a price war with the 5700 series, but alas they went with the higher price structure oh so easily.

Prices are coming down slowly, but it will be these newer faster cards that for all our sakes need to be very competitive on price as well as performance.
Pipe dream, probably, only time will tell.:)

Permabanned
True but they are not competing with themselves, I got stick as I said I will not own any 2000 series.

I had a 1080Ti (fan bearing acted up or would still be on it) and now Titan Xp and I will get 3000 or 4000 or whatever series in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom