• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
The visual difference is huge if developers fully implemented it and the performance was there - it is definitely not a tech that is going away.
Problem is their is hardly any games that use it so unless more games have it who cares if the new cards coming out are faster at it.

Soldato
so roughly when can we expect ampere?

I have hard time believing 2nd quarter, maybe in early 2021. Simply because its unlikely AMD can match anything nvidia has this year, even with navi21.Don see any incentive for them to release it early when 2080ti et all are dominating the market currently.

I hope amd can squish nvidia but not happening, been waiting 10 years almost lol
So consoles aren't incentive enough?
I think we underestimate the influence of consoles and those that will forgo an upgrade for a reasonably priced console. At least in the non-work station / professional space.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rome wasn't built in a day, more games will come, cyberpunk being the main one this year and I'm holding off playing it until the 3080ti is out.

Atomic Heart seems to be showing off Ray tracing best tbh from what I've seen. And the changes can be huge if done right. Problem is balance of what it brings at moment. Now if you can get 50% perf next gen and something similar with AMD I can see it getting large pretty quick.

Soldato
2x RT will bring it close to being performance neutral as in RT off and RT on would be close in performance. Just as was predicted, it's just Tesselation and Physx all over again - each generation will make it faster until it's totally neutral.

Back
Top Bottom