US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Man of Honour
It seems almost as divisive as Brexit in the US with some swallowing the propaganda whole while others are appealing to reason. I'm actually kind of surprised by the response in the US - far broader range of perspectives than I'm used to seeing.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Load of ***** that he helped 9/11 happen all because there's a vague agreement between Sunni and Shia extremists to target Americans.

Anyone who believes that is as thick as pig ****.

Man of Honour
So this bloke is responsible for thousands of American deaths but waited all this time to kill him and had a hand in 9/11 i call BS.

Israel has tried to get him a few times but during the Obama era he was effectively off limits. In the years before that his role would have made him complicated to touch without declaring war on Iran or a resolution through the UN, etc. which likely Russian and so one wouldn't have agreed to. More recent times with his engagement with activities outside of Iran going after him has become more murky legally.

Caporegime
It seems almost as divisive as Brexit in the US with some swallowing the propaganda whole while others are appealing to reason. I'm actually kind of surprised by the response in the US - far broader range of perspectives than I'm used to seeing.

Well it’s too closely linked to Trump himself so that helps polarises it somewhat.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I honestly believe if Iran retaliates right now he will authorise a barrage of cruise missile attacks like against Syria aimed at Iranian targets. None the less he wants eyes looking outward and not at the domestic goings on right now.

Just hope the Russians are out doing their usual bombing of hospitals and strafing of ambulances at the time. Wouldn't want scores of dead Russia troops all over the news too.

Soldato
Iran surely aren't a threat militarily, sleeper cells yes but a full on war then no chance nowadays. Biggest threat is nuking Israel or the like.

Man of Honour
Iran surely aren't a threat militarily, sleeper cells yes but a full on war then no chance nowadays. Biggest threat is nuking Israel or the like.

They have a lot of proxy forces and while they'd struggle for air superiority plenty of tanks and more importantly lots of missiles, etc. so able to make fighting costly.

Caporegime
Iran surely aren't a threat militarily

Well, not overall no (in comparison to America's military strength), but if the USA engages in a war with Iran with "boots on the ground" it will get very bloody, and very fast. The Iraq war would seem tame in comparison..

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Apparently Trump's now talking about hitting cultural sites if Iran fights back.That's a war crime I think...

Not if Iran just happen to have base next door to it for that very reason. Besides plenty of people inside Iran hate the regime. Its a set if religious nut jobs overthrowing a royal family who couldn't give a toss about people to a set of religious nut jobs who couldnt give a **** about people with added oppression thrown in.

People were better off with the old Shah, hence why the religious nut jobs rule by fear. I recommend Jack Straws book in Iran. The English job.

Soldato
This is just another captalist war based on phoney reasons to fuel tax money into arms & for trump to distract from impeachment, Vietnam, Iraq, etc were never legitimate wars, there has not been a legit war for the US since WW2, the only more recent UK one was the Falklands, all wars since are just to do war games/oil/modern day invasions/regime change to force US dollar backed currencies - the west doesn't want countries that have gold backed currency or oil backed. Their allies are UAE, nor dare they attack them .... right now.

This 'way of life' has been going on for decades since WW2, it's kind of weird people act surprised, gossip about it, debate, the conversation is short - its another invasion under the guise of 'democracy'. Wars make profit and empower the rich with real world forces.

After this war, probably lasting another ten years, another one will pop up, the US wants to be at war all the time to justify its spending budget & gain slave nations, tethered to its central bank, in addition it will come up with all sorts of nationalistic reasons the right wing will swallow down and bend over for to gradually take away the rights of its citerzens, saying we all need to be scanned and surveyed constantly 'for our safety' etc etc, which is rubbish of course, its just tracking and control as far as they can get away with to the point where it won't tip off the general populace.

Soldato
Not if Iran just happen to have base next door to it for that very reason. Besides plenty of people inside Iran hate the regime. Its a set if religious nut jobs overthrowing a royal family who couldn't give a toss about people to a set of religious nut jobs who couldnt give a **** about people with added oppression thrown in.

People were better off with the old Shah, hence why the religious nut jobs rule by fear. I recommend Jack Straws book in Iran. The English job.

A very depressing read and it would appear we're guilty of collective amnesia.

Back
Top Bottom