• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are the RX5700 XT drivers stable now?

Soldato
OK guys..

Just played some MW there, was a great experience. Good FPS and smooth gameplay.

A few things though..first off in the menus I get a slight flicker on the screen, very slight.

And also when I checked AfterBurner after a little sesh, my GPU seems to be an issue..

GPU temp : 71c
GPU 2 temp : 96c
Mem temp : 84c
VRM temp : 79c
VRM 2 temp : 0c
VRM 3 temp : 0c

Fan speed : 40% max

Can someone please shead some light on this before I play anymore on this card.

Thanks guys!

Don't use MSI AB with 19.12.2/3 isn't supported and creates issues.

Assuming you have the reference model, yes?

For settings, 1980/1046mv 1780 VRAM is what I use on the Anniversary Edition.
However 1800/930-970mv (find which one is stable) and 1800-1820 VRAM and cap the fan speed to 30% is a great point to be.
The GPU would stop throttling, reducing power consumption by 35-40%. If you go to 970mv see if you can hit 1850Mhz also.

Associate

However 1800/930-970mv (find which one is stable) and 1800-1820 VRAM and cap the fan speed to 30% is a great point to be.
The GPU would stop throttling, reducing power consumption by 35-40%. If you go to 970mv see if you can hit 1850Mhz also.

If your going that low does that not effect performance. I've undervolt my Nitro se to 1900|950. Would you go lower?

Soldato

What software would you recommend to use?

No, its not the reference model, its the Gigabyte Gaming OC edition card.

Soldato
Just played a game of BattleField 5, conquest, 64 man MP.

At 1440p Ultra detail, was averaging 100-105 fps.

Pretty damn good for this card, my 2080ti was about 130-140 fps but that was a £1000 GPU :eek:

All I need now is some CPU/GPU monitoring software, I like to keep an eye on my performance/temps! :D

Soldato
hmm..strange...

AfterBurner seems to detect the GPU as the 5700XT and the temp readout is the same "junction temp" as on the metrics section on the Radeon software?

Is Junction temp the one to be monitoring firstmost?

Soldato
hmm..strange...

AfterBurner seems to detect the GPU as the 5700XT and the temp readout is the same "junction temp" as on the metrics section on the Radeon software?

No.
Sorry im not with you?

I dont have alotg of experience with AMD. Is there monitoring software in the Radeon drivers?

What sort of monitor software you want? Display GPU statistics? Yes. Why you donot open the drivers UI to see whats there :p

AMD doesn't have sht drivers like Nvidia requiring 3rd party software :D

Last edited:
Soldato
hmm..strange...

junction temp is the hottest point on the GPU and not an aggragate of all temperatures or the GPU edge temperature which, seemingly, is the old way of checking GPU temps.

Junction temps are used inceasingly as the go to metric for die heat i think according to Gamers Nexus - they seem to look at that temp with more scrutiny.

yet another video by GN covering Junction temperatures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQjTYbqG1CI

Last edited:
Soldato
No.

What sort of monitor software you want? Display GPU statistics? Yes. Why you donot open the drivers UI to see whats there :p

AMD doesn't have sht drivers like Nvidia requiring 3rd party software :D

I will have a little investigation later on :p

junction temp is the hottest point on the GPU and not an aggragate of all temperatures or the GPU edge temperature which, seemingly, is the old way of checking GPU temps.

Junction temps are used inceasingly as the go to metric for die heat i think according to Gamers Nexus - they seem to look at that temp with more scrutiny.

yet another video by GN covering Junction temperatures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQjTYbqG1CI

Im guessing that my stated above temps are all within safe limits..the only reason I think I never noticed it before on my 2080ti as it only gave the "junction temp" none of the thermals etc...

Soldato
Im guessing that my stated above temps are all within safe limits..the only reason I think I never noticed it before on my 2080ti as it only gave the "junction temp" none of the thermals etc...

Safe cetainly but above what GN said they were getting with their (probably cherry picked) card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muy91S9EmZc

8:52s

I have the same card btw but have never been overly bothered about about temps but i'll have a look and see what I get when playing metro exodus (this is the only game that seems to make my Gaming oc audible under load). Incidentally I also use a molex>PCIe/molex fmale on my 2nd PCIe socket if that's what you mean and never had an issue with my 12 year old 620w Corsair (single rail). I don't and probably wouldn't use a direct 12v splitter but i also understood that power supplies that do not split the rails have no issue with 12v splitters.

Associate
Upgraded my water-cooled system from a 1070 to a Reference 5700xt and EKWB and playing Modern Warfare for a good 3 hours every other night not had a single problem.

Got mine running 2050/1800 and max temp is 60c :)

Soldato
I've set my Nitro+ to an undervolt of 1145mV @ 2100MHz, VRAM at 1810MHz and max temps got to 69C, Junction Temp around 93C. Default voltage was 1200mV so I kept clockspeed at default and lowered voltage to the lowest that was still stable.

Using latest 19.12.3 driver. Rock solid stable.

Last edited:
Associate
what drivers is everyone using tried lots and rolled back to 19.8.1

as seems to cause me no issues at all but would prefer something a little newer

Associate
what drivers is everyone using tried lots and rolled back to 19.8.1

as seems to cause me no issues at all but would prefer something a little newer

19.11.1 were really solid for me. Latest drivers are okay apart from some crashing with my previously established undervolts.. if the next set are also flaky II'm going to roll back.

Soldato
Hey guys,

just booted on my PC 10 mins ago, soon as I started playing some music through YouTube, my screen went black for about 2-3 seconds and then back on, not a crash buy WTF?

Anyone else experience this. Working great otherwise!

Soldato
Hey guys,

just booted on my PC 10 mins ago, soon as I started playing some music through YouTube, my screen went black for about 2-3 seconds and then back on, not a crash buy WTF?

Anyone else experience this. Working great otherwise!

Are you running MSI AB? Sometimes that can cause issues. Also try DDU to remove everything and reinstall driver.

Back
Top Bottom