The FA CUP Third Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 6th January 2020] + 4th round replays

Caporegime
Why does it have to be one or the other. There can be natural contact between two players without it being a foul.

If the player throws himself down claiming for a penalty like that then he's either been fouled or is exaggerating contact and trying to con the ref (simulation), natural contact happens all of the time but usually players don't fall over dramatically demanding a free kick/penalty. If he'd stayed on his feet then I could understand the argument of it not being either a foul or simulation but if referees feel there is "not enough contact" to warrant a foul then why is falling down and claiming a penalty in such a situation acceptable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't see what Mourinho is trying to get this team to do.
I read that Jose doesn't agree with teaching players set patterns of play and instead tries to help them play spontaneously. Against top level opposition I can see how the randomness can create an edge and reduce the chances of an attack being neutered but in the majority of matches, it makes it needlessly difficult because the team doesn't have a plan.

Don
Klopp really doesn't like domestic cups and doesn't care about the fact we're playing Everton. Going to need some luck to win today with that side.

If the player throws himself down claiming for a penalty like that then he's either been fouled or is exaggerating contact and trying to con the ref (simulation), natural contact happens all of the time but usually players don't fall over dramatically demanding a free kick/penalty. If he'd stayed on his feet then I could understand the argument of it not being either a foul or simulation but if referees feel there is "not enough contact" to warrant a foul then why is falling down and claiming a penalty in such a situation acceptable.
The first part isn't necessarily true. A player can be knocked to the ground and believe he's fouled without it being a foul.

But as I said, a ref cannot give a pen unless he's sure it was. He's not going to book somebody for diving when he thinks it was probably a foul and equally VAR cannot give him a yellow under the current regulations.

Caporegime
Bit concerned Gomez is playing tbh, given how well he's performing now after taking a while to get back up to speed we should be wrapping him up in cotton wool. His pace makes our defensive line so much stronger even if Matip is a better overall defender.

FA Cup can **** off tbh, keeping players fit for the CL and League is all that matters.

Don
We couldn't leave both him and VVD out, especially with both Trent and Robbo rested too, and if you're wrapping one up in cotton wool its Van Dijk.

Edit: if Everton don't win today they may as well never turn up at Anfield again.

Soldato
Liverpool: Adrian, Milner, Gomez, Phillips, Williams, Lallana, Chirivella, Jones, Elliott, Minamino, Origi.

Subs: Kelleher, Mane, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Brewster, Hoever, Larouci.

Minamino starting woop :D

Soldato
What a load of old dross. Jose has been saying he will sort everything once he has time on the training ground with the squad after the December rush of games. If arteta can do it during December I don't know why Jose has deferred to January

Back
Top Bottom