Humble Choice

Associate
Is there any deadline for making your choices?

According to the FAQ no, I just checked this as well! I buy the monthly access and then generally go back and redeem the key when I'm ready to play the games.

Unused choices do not expire! You can choose to use your choices at any time and they won't expire when the month ends or in the future.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036284854?mobile_site=true#expire

Only thing that bugs me is not getting all of the games and having to miss off 2 of them! Need to make sure I get the best value for the money or now cross check steam, epic, origin and search emails to make sure I don't accidentally buy the same game twice!

Soldato
OP
Excellent month.

Had a look through the games and there isn't one that I wouldn't redeem (and probably never get around to playing :rolleyes:). But I've worked out which two to eliminate; I've had my fill of Bad North via Game Pass, and I'm not that in to fighting games, so Them's Fightin Herds makes an easy second choice.

Associate
I may well be a minority, but not that impressed with the options this month. My subscription was up this month and I'm not renewing it - in fact, beginning to think that I am just off picking up something I fancy when it's on sale through Fanatical or similar. Might also give Origin Access a whirl sometime.

Nope, I'm not interested either so have paused for a month. The only game I am interested in is Graveyard Keeper.

Just fyi @TheSwede , I believe Two Point Hospital is coming to Game Pass, if you have it (Shadow of War is already there, of course).

Soldato
OP
Just fyi @TheSwede , I believe Two Point Hospital is coming to Game Pass, if you have it (Shadow of War is already there, of course).

Just had a look at this. There's an Xbox Game Pass logo at the end of the game's console release trailer, though there hasn't been a specific mention of it coming to Game Pass aside from that. The console version comes with Pebberly Island and Bigfoot DLC too, so slightly better than this version.

So the Game Pass crossovers with this month's Humble Choice (potentially) are:

Shadow of War (Xbox & PC)
Dirt Rally 2.0 (Xbox & PC)
Bad North (Xbox & PC)
Two Point Hospital (probably Xbox, maybe PC)

Does take the shine of Humble Bundle a little. Still not a bad for what it costs (on the Classic plan).

Soldato
Nope, I'm not interested either so have paused for a month. The only game I am interested in is Graveyard Keeper.

Thanks, I thought of getting the Game Pass but I don't play regularly so would be a waste of money, even if it is cheap. As an example I not played a game since middle of October. :eek:

So I most like just picking it up with Humble and a few others. :)

Associate
I went on autopilot and didnt see that there were more than 10 games (I'm on the classic plan), so I have some silly horse game when I could have had a better one.

Soldato
Classic plan all the way for me, been subbed for ages and never paused anyway... some months are certainly better than others but combined with the already large backlog of games I have it's basically meant that I never really need to buy anything outside of what comes in the bundles (unless there's something specific I really want)

I think the change to know what you're getting makes it great for people who try to be a bit more savvy though - previously the idea of pausing was difficult because "what if the hidden games contain something I would really have wanted?" but now you know what you're passing up... Obviously if you're on Classic you have to choose between being able to pause and dropping from Classic forever, which is a bit of a shame, but for the £9 it costs even the bad months usually have enough to justify the price (for me)

Soldato
I wish i had signed to the classic plan, i didnt realise you could pause indefnitely otherwise i would have been all over it.

I got last months, it was great, this months looks fab too BUT the thing holding me off is all the games i want have a lot of DLC, in truth by the time i get around to playing them individually chances are it will be possible to buy complete editions....

usually buying DLC ends up just as expensive as buying the complete edition, and that is what has taken the shine off this months for me.

Soldato
I know what you mean - feel the same way, and it's not just a monetary thing either; if there's a game I think I like the look of enough to play it I find it really irksome knowing that I'm not playing the "complete" version of the game - because I might be missing out on something cool, and because I know I will be unlikely to return to the game later if I end up acquiring the DLC (because I've either lost interest in the game or I don't have time to do another playthrough)

Humble Monthly has totally changed my spending habits too. My personal rule now is that if I buy a game outside of the bundle in a sale or similar, it's because I intend to start playing that game immediately - for anything else I just hold out until I'm ready to play something right away or it turns up in a bundle

Soldato
I know what you mean - feel the same way, and it's not just a monetary thing either; if there's a game I think I like the look of enough to play it I find it really irksome knowing that I'm not playing the "complete" version of the game - because I might be missing out on something cool, and because I know I will be unlikely to return to the game later if I end up acquiring the DLC (because I've either lost interest in the game or I don't have time to do another playthrough)

Humble Monthly has totally changed my spending habits too. My personal rule now is that if I buy a game outside of the bundle in a sale or similar, it's because I intend to start playing that game immediately - for anything else I just hold out until I'm ready to play something right away or it turns up in a bundle

indeed, i am exactly the same. Silly really, many of the complete versions of games I have bought i have barely scratched the surface, and will likely never get close to the DLC... but not owning the whole game kills me. That, as well as sales like humble bundles also means i rarely if ever buy games on launch.

I used to when you could get season passes... but that was when a season pass meant getting all of the game... Borderlands 2 was the 1st game i owned which bucked that trend and started released out of season pass content, and now you get "year 1 passes"....
oh well it saves me money, i just wait now.

I will now only buy an incomplete game if it costs peanuts, otherwise i just wait till the game is almost end of life and pick up then. it helps not being into pvp games, and my multiplayer stuff is only with real mates and we all feel similar. With so many games it is dead easy to just wait for a game to be 2 or 3 years old and get a fully content complete, nicely patched bug free game, for about 25% or less of the price of the base game at launch.

Am still sour at ubisoft, they got one over on me with their Wildlands "gold" edition.

gold edition my ass...... they stripped all the gold edition content from it that i care about and added in some pvp crap i dont want. When i contacted them they told me it was very clear, it was their year 2 gold edition not their year 1 gold edition.
totally obvious even if they used the same images to sell it , and some of their links went to their year 1 product which DID include the content i wanted.

Back
Top Bottom