Back to work and already waiting for the next bank holiday.....

Don
Where I work (NHS), everyone in admin had the same idea and broke up on Friday 20th December and then come back on Tuesday 7th January. Not sure why Tuesday 7th though and not Monday 6th?

In the department where I am, 2 of us do the same work so as long as 1 of us is in, the other can go off. So I worked around Christmas as I don't mind doing that and then I got given today and tomorrow off instead. I think that coming back to work on 2nd January is way too soon after New Year. We should adopt the Scottish model and treat both 1st + 2nd as bank holidays.

If there are parents in the group, its likely because there is a teacher-training / inset day on the 6th.

I know my kids dont go back until the 7th

Permabanned
10th April I think is the next national holiday in Engerland :)

what a horrible month Jan is! Cold, Dark, Long etc

who else is back to work today and can provide me some motivation to get through the day ahead?
think yourself lucky .. worked from the 23 till the 3rd jan 1 day off 10-13hrs a day ..
just to make life special for those on the xmas hols .. yes off for a week now ..
why do suits think life is so hard

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
First day back at work today after nearly 3 weeks off, including 10 nights in warm Miami over Xmas and NY. First day back always sucks :(

Good thing is only 6 weeks until I go on holiday again for 3 weeks to the Philippines. :)

Associate
Went back on the 2nd. Best part of that was the lack of traffic. Not looking forward to tomorrow; as I imagine it's back to the usual rush hour traffic.

Really starting to feel down. Think it's a mixture of holiday blues and the dreary winter darkness/weather.

Soldato
When I worked at the Uni we had 3 whole weeks off for xmas, fully paid too i.e. it didn't come out of holiday entitlement. Damn I miss those days.

I took the 23rd, 27th, 28th and 30th off as holiday otherwise I'd be in those days and was surprised to get that to be honest and was back on the 2nd and in this weekend too.

When does xmas come round again? Feels like weeks ago now.

Soldato
Well ive got my first normal 5 day week since 2007 this week 8 to 4pm ive always chosen to avoid this as 2 days a week off and looking forward to the odd bank holiday is desperately sad

was doing 4 days on 4 off rotating to 3 days on 3 off and this was ideal but made redundant late july, paid myself 3 months off ,6 weeks in spain but im back in the world of work.

Been keeping it to between 2 and 4 days a week but have this dreaded life sapping normal pattern this week anyway ,

im thinking if I end up doing this in the summer I can maybe drive to polzeath after work and have a surf ,this is what I dont like ,you tend to finish then collapse in front of tv ,when I have 4 off its like a holiday every week

Soldato
I’ve had three weeks off and back to reality tomorrow. It’s gone in the blink of an eye. So to celebrate I’ve just put in for holiday on the day day of January as I had one day of my 2019 allocation remaining. Better to use it than lose it.

Soldato
Back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off, but just 9.5 working days and I am off for 10 days due to a cheeky week skiing. Those working days are going to be very influential on what I am working on over the next few months.

Soldato
First day back commuting into London and already train issues after south western apparently just finished striking for 27 days. Joy.

Man of Honour
SWR delays and virtually nothing to do in the office, it’s gonna be a long day.

This is also the earliest I’ve been up since Christmas Eve, I’m going to miss my 11am lie ins!

apg

apg

Associate
Finished working the week before christmas and was due to return on the 6th. However, suffered an injury and wont be back at work until atleast the 20th so I will just be pottering around recovering, watching films, playing games and eating a wide variety of health/unhealthy foods until I am given the all clear to return back to work :).

Back
Top Bottom