Cagiva Planet 125

Associate
Oh my good God, I am in love with this bike. I was innocently researching other possible 125cc CBT learner bikes and stumbled upon this beauty of a bike.

Has anyone owned one before? Rode one in the past? This seems far too good to be true. Aside from what looks like expensive upkeep, the performance, handling and style fit my requirements to a T.

Associate
2PLANET1-01.jpg

2 stroke yes.

MCN review

I think the KTM Duke 125 is a great looking bike. Pricey though.

2011-KTM-Duke-125.jpg

Associate
I have a 1997 cagiva planet 125 the last owner decided he wanted to wire some heated grips to the bike.... Well now the thing won't hold its charge it has had a new battery since he messed up so he sold me the bike saying it needs a new regulator so I got one fitted it and still having the same problem with it does anybody know what else I should be looking into as I get to 50-55 mph and it starts cutting out thankyou

Caporegime
I have a 1997 cagiva planet 125 the last owner decided he wanted to wire some heated grips to the bike.... Well now the thing won't hold its charge it has had a new battery since he messed up so he sold me the bike saying it needs a new regulator so I got one fitted it and still having the same problem with it does anybody know what else I should be looking into as I get to 50-55 mph and it starts cutting out thankyou

You probably have an earth somewhere in the heated grips wiring,id check that first

Associate
Cheers will look into it I had two extra cables coming off my battery it turns out it has a after market Speedo on it and was powered through the battery I've disconnected it and taken it for a run without the Speedo connected it seems to be running a lot better and not cutting out as much but still get to 50mph ish and it cuts out

Back
Top Bottom