The FA CUP Third Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 6th January 2020] + 4th round replays

Soldato
Great performance from us, Everton should be embarrassed really.

Jones was perfect all match and had himself probably one of the best goals he will ever get

Soldato
How much of the Liverpool team playing against Everton were playing in the team that got convincingly beaten by Villa in the league cup?

Associate
How much of the Liverpool team playing against Everton were playing in the team that got convincingly beaten by Villa in the league cup?
A fair amount. but you say convincingly beat, the youngster had more of the ball, shots and corners iirc. Just some poor finishing and a couple random goals conceded resulted in a very unfair score.

Man of Honour
Nah it was a completely different team against Villa, that was more their C/D team whereas tonight was a B team.

Adrian, Gomez, Milner (only played 10mins admittedly), Lallana, Minamino, Origi, Ox are all names that wouldn't look out of place starting in the PL/CL.

Soldato
Nah it was a completely different team against Villa, that was more their C/D team whereas tonight was a B team.

Adrian, Gomez, Milner (only played 10mins admittedly), Lallana, Minamino, Origi, Ox are all names that wouldn't look out of place starting in the PL/CL.
Lol ox had about 20 minutes at the end, Minamino is a new signing so you can't really count him

We had one first team CB in Gomez and one first team midfielder in Lallana and yeah origi as the only first team attacker, so yes Everton were beaten by kids

Don
That was such a good performance from us today. A lot of praise will go to the kids and rightly so but Gomez and Lallana were outstanding too. At 22, having probably not played 40 senior games at CB in his career, Gomez was left to marshal a back line consisting of a 19 year old LB that was a right winger up until a few months ago, Phillips that couldn't get a game in the German 2nd division and Williams who wasn't even playing u23 football last season. Yea, Everton had a few chances in the 1st half but they were only ever isolated chances, as a result of a few of the kids being a bit naive at times but from a collective point of view we defended really well, particularly from 30 mins onwards. Playing in a completely unnatural holding midfield role, Lallana absolutely bossed the midfield along with Chirivella. He doesn't have a future with us but if he can perform like that then Chirivella could be a very handy player for somebody.

Fingers crossed we'll have a few of Shaq, Keita, Matip, Lovren and Fabinho back by the time of the next round, so will be able to field a slightly stronger side, but equally I hope we get to see the likes of Williams, Elliott and Jones again.

Soldato
Wow, pretty embarrassing for Everton that :p Can't even beat our reserves / kids with a full strength team!

Worried about the injuries piling up though :( This is exactly why I wouldn't play a single first team squad member in the cups.

Don
@Andybtsn What sort of side do you expect Bielsa to put out tonight mate? Strong or weakened?

I expect weak, Rob. I think our u23 goal keeper will be playing, who does a look a prospect and center mid, Gotts looks likely to play as Bielsa has mentioned he feels guilty for not having given him his debut yet! We don’t really have many backup center backs so expect Berardi and another a kid to play there. We can’t really afford injuries as our squad is so small! We don’t have a backup striker now Nketiah has gone neither so I guess that will be Edmonson or maybe Roberts.

I’m expecting a strong Arsenal lineup and a thrashing!

Soldato
Strong line-up from Arsenal indeed...

Arsenal: Martinez, Nelson, Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Ozil, Pepe, Lacazette

Subs: Leno, Mavropanos, Ceballos, Willock, Saka, Martinelli, John-Jules

Leeds: Meslier, Berardi, Ayling, White, Douglas, Gotts, Klich, Philips, Harrison, Alioski, Bamford

Subs: Casilla, Cooper, Dallas, Casey, Davis, Stevens, Costa

Back
Top Bottom