Derek Acorah RIP

Caporegime
He experienced lots of things.

I’ve often sat in front of an open word doc, ready to write about our experiences, but there’s a few bits of clarification I need and I don’t want to stir my mums memories up again. Also, it’s hard on me when I recall it.

But basically, the first thing my dad experienced was when he laid in bed one night when me and my mum were at my nans. He was laying there when he felt like someone had laid down next to him. He froze and after a few seconds he heard very heavy male breathing behind him. After a few more seconds, he broke away and went to the living room and sat in a chair with a hammer for the rest of of the night. All the time, he could hear banging and dragging sounds from the bedroom above.

A third party anecdote from someone who was home alone and heard some noises that got them paranoid... did he not go upstairs to investigate the banging?

Things going jump in the night is a rather common occurance - tends to have a physical explanation but can also be the result of people imagining or heightening things too.

Soldato
My partner and I have recently started watching the Most Haunted series as a bit of a laugh so was unfortunate to hear of his passing. It was fun watching him become 'possessed' as he just used it as an excuse to berate the people he was near.

Maybe someone can allow him into their circle of love and let him into the atmosphere, as he always annoyingly said.

Soldato
I think there is definately something happening that modern science hasn't explained yet.

I wrote about my ghost experience in the paranormal thread. But basically one night walking back from a night club with my friend in Bolton, we both turned a corner of a building and I nearly walked in to a ghost. I think it was a ghost of a prostitute. As I was looking at it (at first it was clear, but then become a mist) when I turned around my friend had also seen it. So we'd both seen the same thing not realising at the time we had.

I'm spiritually torn as to what ghosts are. I often have debates with a friend as shes religious and says all ghosts are demons that are mimicking loved ones.

Caporegime
Whilst I firmly believe life exists out in the universe, I'm doubt we have ever been visited by aliens.

But I think it is FAR more likely that we have been visited by aliens than ghosts existing.

So, 'life is out there' >>>>>>>>>>>> 'and they have visited us' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 'ghosts exist/spirits can be contacted via mediums'

Soldato
I don’t believe I grew up in a haunted house, I know I grew up in one.
no, you've got that the wrong way around. if your "proof" consists of anything other than you making bold claims on a message board, about something that sounds like it should have had far more publicity that that house in Amityville, then please post it. has this place appeared in any well-known "haunted house" guides/shows/books/sites? what happened to the people living there before and after you?
and what does a male breathing sound like compared to a female breathing, out of interest?

Soldato
A third party anecdote from someone who was home alone and heard some noises that got them paranoid... did he not go upstairs to investigate the banging?
tells people he heard a mysterious banging noise. is holding a hammer at the time. wonders at the scepticism and looks of confusion.
X-D

Soldato
The other half lived in a 'haunted house' - so much so it was visited by Paranormal 'experts' and a books, articles etc written about it, even now she claims to feel presences etc. I don't buy into any of it.

I do think Acorah and those working in the same field are feeding on people's naivety , gullibility etc. However, i suppose it is like believing in a God, if it makes you feel better ie a mum has 'spoken' to her dead son, or a wife to her dead husband etc, if it gives these people comfort, then what is it hurting? (obvs that does not take into account the people scamming £££'s preying on the vulnerable).

And for some to say they are glad Acorah is dead, well that is pretty low in itself been happy another human has died :eek:

Associate
Derek might have been a conman but from my personal experience he was a lovely guy.

I'd see him shopping in my local on occasion and he always had the time of day for anyone, always stopped to chat and he had a charisma about him that would brighten your day.

I don't agree with his career choices but I'm sad at his passing. RIP and condolences to his family.

Soldato
Did I say anything about Christianity?? Did I single out Christianity?? Or for that matter any particular religion??

Whereas you fella singled out one religion. I’m just pointing out your stupidity in doing so :).

Indeed, I singed one out and it was done with a conscious motivation, not by stupidity.

Soldato
I would like to think it wasn't all about the money, that these people think they are comforting the bereaved. I guess after a certain point even if you wanted to say "No it was all just an act", morally it could be very difficult. You would be letting a lot of people down who had been comforted, so just keep going.

Caporegime
I would like to think it wasn't all about the money, that these people think they are comforting the bereaved. I guess after a certain point even if you wanted to say "No it was all just an act", morally it could be very difficult. You would be letting a lot of people down who had been comforted, so just keep going.

Doubling-down on lies is never a good idea. We've seen it with Trump and Brexit.

Soldato
I went right off him when he crashed his car, injuring a woman, failed the roadside breath test and then refused to take the breath test at the Police station. He was convicted for dangerous driving (edit: apologies, it was careless driving) & refusing a breath test.

At the time his lovely wife was on her front foot on social media threatening folk with legal action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom