• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

Associate
Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
Monitor: AORUS AD27QD
SSD: Crucial 1TB
HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. Character was standing on the same place.
But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment and after crash when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?

I clicked exit to main menu and it crashed to windows with display driver crash.

Next issue. After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc just restarted. So why pc restarted itself? PSU ?

ps:
PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

Soldato
It's hard to say, personally id just see if it happens again and if it does id start looking through event viewer at the time it heppend. It will provide a little bit more information to what happend. Usually can tell if the driver crashed from that because sometimes it will says Video TDR Failure in there or something similar where it tried to restart the driver but failed.

Soldato
Also why do you leave your machine on with the game running while you go to work? Just save and turn your machine off or atleast close your game so your not just taxing your system for no reason lol.

Associate
OP
I know. But it happened. I left game running by character standing on the same place for 12 hours. When i back to home i clicked ESC and exit to MAIN MENU and during that BLACK SCREEN and crash with TDR driver crash in event log. Then after 2-3 minutes Windows restarted itself without touching anything. ( EVENT said KERNEL POWER 41 ). No BSOD code.

Any ideas? Maybe psu is failing?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Gaming PCs do crash from time to time.

As long as it does not happen too often it is no big deal.

Please stop posting this type of thing and do some actual gaming.

Hahaha. I wondered if it was just me but I’m sure he’s posted something almost identical before. Judging by your response, nope, it’s not just me.

Associate
OP
Ok guys yeah i posted on other forum , sorry for problem. Now all its ok ,fine. :) Just was a bit too much worried about my psu if its fine.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd be worried. Maybe take PC apart and reassemble it then reinstall windows if you're short of things to do. It almost certainly won't make a difference but it's the only way to be sure.....or not.

Back
Top Bottom