Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
It finally arrived!

49301495488_99cb73182e_b_d.jpg

49301981136_eee3057c9f_b_d.jpg

Had the decks sat there for 5 weeks and not been able to use them! They are awesome.

Very nice :)

Soldato
As I said, it's like me in Badminton. I currently have a bog standard £20 Yonex racket but there is one for £75 which I've had my eyes on as I like the weight and look of it but if I bought that racket, or a pro level racket, my skills are not going to increase just because I have a new racket.

But sometimes more expensive gear does help you. I've spent a lot this year on cycling gear. It's made me a LOT quicker, mainly down to the expensive gear I bought.

Soldato
But sometimes more expensive gear does help you. I've spent a lot this year on cycling gear. It's made me a LOT quicker, mainly down to the expensive gear I bought.

It can help, not disputing that, but only up until a certain point. You could buy everything that Geraint Thomas has but it's not going to turn you into a Tour de France level cyclist. Of course if you were using a steel frame bike before and you now have an carbon fibre bike or even just carbon fibre forks it'll make you quicker. I noticed that switching from my old mountain bike to a hybrid with carbon forks a few years ago that it made me quicker/able to go further and I expect when i eventually get a road bike I'll get quicker still. But I'm not going to suddenly improve as a cyclist just because I got a new bike as if i returned to my older bike I expect I'd be the same (bar changes in fitness)

*BUT* life is short so we should always get what we want, for whatever reason.

Soldato
Went and bought myself a new monitor (ASUS Strix XG438), but did not consider the cable needed, so that one I have to go and buy tomorrow ! :eek: :( Didn't consider that the DisplayPort cable I had wasn't 1.4 so there's that.

Pictures in spoiler and sorry for bad quality. :( Will take and add some other pictures tomorrow when it is up and running.

Edit: Have added a proper(ish) picture of how it all look now. Kept the 35' Super Wide as a side monitor for now, for games if I don't like the 43' to game on, but also for twitch etc.

rDcCeCr.jpg

oIwcPWf.jpg

OnUEZJg.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I But I'm not going to suddenly improve as a cyclist just because I got a new bike as if i returned to my older bike I expect I'd be the same (bar changes in fitness)

Yes. so equipment can get you better results. That's the only point I wanted to make, as it seemed like you were suggesting buying better gear would change nothing. :)

If I played a high speed FPS with an old ball mouse, I probably would do a lot worse than with a high end gaming mouse.

Caporegime
It can help, not disputing that, but only up until a certain point. You could buy everything that Geraint Thomas has but it's not going to turn you into a Tour de France level cyclist. Of course if you were using a steel frame bike before and you now have an carbon fibre bike or even just carbon fibre forks it'll make you quicker. I noticed that switching from my old mountain bike to a hybrid with carbon forks a few years ago that it made me quicker/able to go further and I expect when i eventually get a road bike I'll get quicker still. But I'm not going to suddenly improve as a cyclist just because I got a new bike as if i returned to my older bike I expect I'd be the same (bar changes in fitness)

*BUT* life is short so we should always get what we want, for whatever reason.

It's an £80 mouse. I've spent around this sum before on my previous mouse.

So it's not a big deal.

Soldato
It's an £80 mouse. I've spent around this sum before on my previous mouse.

So it's not a big deal.

Ignore me, man. I was just waffling about nonsense! (which is no surprise) We're all tech enthusiasts on this site so I expect we all know first hand about buying things that we could've got much cheaper and then having to explain to the other halves why the mice and keyboards which look like regular ones cost a small fortune :p When I bought my monitor a few years back it almost broke my relationship up as we could've went on a nice holiday for what she saw was just a marginally bigger screen!

Soldato
A fool and his money... :)

Despite rumours of GF2 being announced in February I decided to take a punt on the original, if the sequel had the same form factor I might have waited.

8rk9sjPl.jpg
nMQHBKal.jpg

Despite the mixed reviews I'm actually loving the device so far and the 1 year premium warranty from Samsung does alleviate the concerns about the devices fragility.

Caporegime
Ignore me, man. I was just waffling about nonsense! (which is no surprise) We're all tech enthusiasts on this site so I expect we all know first hand about buying things that we could've got much cheaper and then having to explain to the other halves why the mice and keyboards which look like regular ones cost a small fortune :p When I bought my monitor a few years back it almost broke my relationship up as we could've went on a nice holiday for what she saw was just a marginally bigger screen!

No problem.

FYI when it comes to big purchases like a monitor. Then just say you got it for £200 second hand.

Works like a charm.

This is the first mouse I've bought in a few years and most folk are spending £150 for RGB and wireless etc.

So I thought £80 for a top gaming mouse was expensive but worthwhile as I don't plan on buying another until this breaks.

Soldato
A fool and his money... :)

Despite rumours of GF2 being announced in February I decided to take a punt on the original, if the sequel had the same form factor I might have waited.

8rk9sjPl.jpg
nMQHBKal.jpg

Despite the mixed reviews I'm actually loving the device so far and the 1 year premium warranty from Samsung does alleviate the concerns about the devices fragility.

I've been on iOS since the 3G and I've always appreciated Android but never wanted to switch. I probably still wouldn't but my god if there was a phone to make me do it, it would be this. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet but this has to be the most impressive phone out there. I am green with envy right now! Enjoy it!

Soldato
It's not perfect but it's definitely won me over. Partiality down to a feeling that things have stagnated somewhat with current designs, each year the offerings are minor upgrades rather than something radical.

Back
Top Bottom