Car Insurance, would you buy it through confused dot com?

Associate
Hi, my son's car insurance will expire soon and one quote from confused its about £300 plus cheaper with Churchill.
Its a lot of money difference but is it a risk in any way buying from them? I never bought car insurance through confused before.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I tend to use comparison sites to get an idea of who the cheapest supplier are, then I go to them directly for the quote. But there's nothing inherently risky about just going through confused.com - they just redirect you to the supplier in question in most cases.

I've just renewed my own car insurance (it starts today, as it happens), and this was the first time that my renewal, although it had gone up, was still more competitive than any other quote I could find on comparison sites, or with other suppliers who aren't on such sites (Direct Line, etc). So I just renewed with my current.

Soldato
Churchill are owned by directline with turnover of circa 3 1/2 billion a year, so not exactly a small fly by night outfit,

confused.com are the same not exacty a diddy company owned by Admiral

Caporegime
I tend to use comparison sites to get an idea of who the cheapest supplier are, then I go to them directly for the quote. But there's nothing inherently risky about just going through confused.com - they just redirect you to the supplier in question in most cases.

I've just renewed my own car insurance (it starts today, as it happens), and this was the first time that my renewal, although it had gone up, was still more competitive than any other quote I could find on comparison sites, or with other suppliers who aren't on such sites (Direct Line, etc). So I just renewed with my current.

I've tried that and it was more expensive going direct. Cheaper going through comparison. Yet same company under different comparison sites show different prices. So I'm guessing one must add on higher commission etc.

Caporegime
I use comparison sites but have found it better to use them as a ballpark then go to someone like Cornmarket Insurance and get them to beat the best from the comparison site and whoever you’ve spoken to directly from those results, saved myself about £150 on my Focus at renewal by doing this.

Soldato
Always go through Quidco

Find the cheapest using a comparison site, but do it in incognito mode in your browser
Then go via Quidco, usually 60-100 quid in it for you

Soldato
I tend to find the cheapest quote via Confused or Money Supermarket and then go and get a quote direct from that company.....
However, I've been shopping around for insurance for the past week as mine is due on the 20th.
Was told "Quote Me Happy" and "General Accident" were the cheapest (didn't realise they were sister companies). I just could not get a direct quote to be as low as the Money Supermarket one.

The MS one being £309 and the best directly was around the £330 mark - so in the end took the comparison site one.

Caporegime
Hi, my son's car insurance will expire soon and one quote from confused its about £300 plus cheaper with Churchill.
Its a lot of money difference but is it a risk in any way buying from them? I never bought car insurance through confused before.

Thanks in advance.

You could always try for the same quote direct with Churchill and see if it's cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom