First gaming PC!

Associate
OP
i believe i have the fans powered correctly but i dont know how to power the led wire attached with it....

there is a usb coming off the usb3 which does not reach the usb on motherboard

and all the led and power switches built onto the case i honestly dont have a clue where to begin....

Man of Honour
those are the power/reset connectors that allows you to use the switches on the case
check the board manual - the pins to connect them to should normally be on the bottom of the mobo

that's connected correctly. tie the hanging connector away neatly if you want to

those are molex connectors, appears to look okay...but i'm unsure what you're trying to do? clarify?

Man of Honour
hi tamzyy those molex connectors are what is powering the fans on the case, do the led get power via the molex, im confused about the other little plug coming off each
Probably to allow you to daisy chain them if I'm looking at the picture correct?
Post another pic of the little plug you're on about?

Man of Honour
take some close-ups of the innards so it can be inspected for any obvious glaring errors before you switch it on

Associate
OP
Hey tamzzy it's all up and running! Sorry I didnt reply last night I had reached my maximum post limit lol what a stupid idea!

Does it matter what drive I installed windows on? Mechanical or ssd as I'm not sure what one it went onto!
I have downloaded the ryzen software to update it!
I have updated windows !
Is there anything else I should look into to set the pc up to optimal performance?

I started up world of warcraft yesterday and the frame rate is great ! Even on high setting! But the graphics... everything is really grainy like the sharpness is turned all the way up! Is this because I am using a television? Also when I move around on the game there is really fast flashing of black hardly noticable but I have noticed it Haha!

Associate
Hey tamzzy it's all up and running! Sorry I didnt reply last night I had reached my maximum post limit lol what a stupid idea!

Does it matter what drive I installed windows on? Mechanical or ssd as I'm not sure what one it went onto!

Other that marginally effecting the boot times of your rig not really, I'd usually put Windows and most used games on SSD then use mechanical for everything else.

Man of Honour
Mechanical or ssd as I'm not sure what one it went onto!
easy to tell, how long does it take to get into windows? if its 20s, it's on the ssd if >1min its on the hdd

i'd use the ssd for windows and programs and the hdd for media files
everything is really grainy like the sharpness is turned all the way up! Is this because I am using a television? Also when I move around on the game there is really fast flashing of black hardly noticable but I have noticed it Haha!
maybe need to change the settings and resolution etc

Associate
OP
Hi tamzzy there is no issue it's just the graphics are too good for this TV I am using :) I can see the individual pixels if j look closely so there is not enough pixels to create a smooth rounded image, I got a vga to hdmi adapter to use my current monitor for now until I upgrade! I wiped and reinstalled everything last night to my ssd and then woke up to the computer not booting so I had to do it all again! Not sure why this happened but it's working okay now!

Is there any steps I should take next post build ?
I installed the radeon software did all the windows updates, got cpu temp monitor.

I dont know if I need to install drivers for the motherboard I can see on the website there is some but dont know what versions I currently have.

Guys in all my years of being on multiple forums for all kinds of different things, I have never felt so welcomed and helped as much as you guys have
Especially you tamzzy, I wish there was something I could do for you! Thank you all for the kindness and support you have giving me

Associate
I recently did a fresh install of Windows, I used the script on the attached to remove all the extra software that I just did not need - noticed the PC ran a lot better afterwards.

https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

The only software I installed for the MB was the chipset drivers, nothing else as I just didn't need all the extra MSI software they provide.

Back
Top Bottom