** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Are these an improvment over a 5 year old AOC IPS for things like photoediting ?

I was lucky enough to get a 27GL83A but its still boxed and i might sell it if its not an improvment for things that are not game related.

They seem to calibrate pretty well: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_27gl850.htm#calibration

The slightly low contrast seems to be the only thing that crops up in reviews. Mine seems just fine to me, but I don't do any pro-level photo editing (and this isn't the monitor for that kind of work anyhow..)

Soldato
Anybody else having this issue with the 27GL850?

When I leave the computer locked and it turns the screen off after x mins, instead of the screen going to standby and then resuming when you touch the Mouse/KB this monitor seems to completely power down so the computer thinks it's been disconnected. As a result anything left open on it gets shunted to another monitor, it's a tad annoying.

Associate
Anybody else having this issue with the 27GL850?

When I leave the computer locked and it turns the screen off after x mins, instead of the screen going to standby and then resuming when you touch the Mouse/KB this monitor seems to completely power down so the computer thinks it's been disconnected. As a result anything left open on it gets shunted to another monitor, it's a tad annoying.

Just tested mine for you, driving the LG via a 1080ti in a single-monitor set-up. Also using the cables that came in the box. Works fine. I have "Automatic Standby" switched to "off" in the LG settings, and let Windows 10 force the monitor into standby after 1 minute. Wakes up cleanly when I move the mouse or touch the keyboard.

Seems your multi-monitor issue might be the problem? Try the LG on it's own to see what happens.

Soldato
Any update on when these monitors will be in stock again? Christmas has come and gone, nearly 7 weeks now since ordered.

Don't know but what a complete & utter farce the launch of this monitor has been. LG & OCUK need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Associate
I ordered on the 19th December and based on the chat I had with someone on webchat, there was going to be a small stock drop beginning of Jan, but was told that they were hopeful of a large amount (Circa 300) near the end of the month. I have no idea if OCUK have managed to secure the stock, but with a lack of a decent alternative in the price range, will wait it out and see if it occurs. Its really LG and their ability to produce and supply, but we really could do with a little more comms somewhere about the expected dates, esp with money having been taken. Lets see if anything happens this week.

Associate
Just sent the purchase order over for these badboys.

I've been told week 3-6 for arrival.

So should be the end of this month/beginning of next month :)

That's good to hear. Do you know if this PO will cover all the existing preorders? I only ordered just before Christmas so pretty much at the back of the line. Would be good to set my expectations

Thanks.

Soldato
Any updates as to when the 27GL850s are coming in?
Not gonna lie, I hit up my LG account manager to see if she could blag me one, then she told me they were exclusive to you so I pre-ordered earlier this week and hoped for the best. She put me in contact with Will who's not replied to me so far.
Fingers crossed for my Birthday weekend (17th Feb) at the latest.

Associate
If I place order now what are the chances of me getting one when they arrive this month.
How many are due to arrive and what’s pre order count like?
Spent last few days looking for new gaming monitor and seems this ticks a lot of boxes.
just completed new build and really want to have monitor to match .

Soldato
Are the monitors only exclusive to Overclockers for a certain time or what's the deal with that?
I have noticed there are several places in Europe now showing as having the 27GL850 in stock so hopefully they start filtering through to the UK soon.

Soldato
OCUK up to their usual tricks - selling products that don't exist and no idea when they will be avaiable either, I'm surprised people still fall for it...one born every minute.

;)

"Would you like to buy someone magic beans Sir? "

"Why certainly my good man!"

"I'm afraid I don't have any at the moment, and I don't know when i'll have any either"

"No matter, here's a large some of money anyway, I'm off to see if if that chap with the giant chicken has those golden eggs I paid for 3 months ago"

Soldato
I don't like to preorder things for overclockers as the money comes out straight away, but I was going to buy one until I saw like new 27GL83A-B for £238 so have gone for that as I don't think it can be beaten for that price, even if it is missing USB ports.

Back
Top Bottom