**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Face unlock is so much faster. Hopefully apps will catch on.

Squeeze is awesome lot better doing that then saying ok Google in front of people. I use it all the time.
oh not denying it to be a fine phone unlocker. the issue for me would be things like banking. i honestly have forgotten my logins now because of the finger print login.

you don't find it weird to just start talking to your phone. i think if i was asking my phone for something, saying ok google first alerts the room i'm not talking to them, if i just randomly blurt out "remind me when i get home to defrost the chicken" i think i'd get a lot more strange looks :p

Soldato
oh not denying it to be a fine phone unlocker. the issue for me would be things like banking. i honestly have forgotten my logins now because of the finger print login.

you don't find it weird to just start talking to your phone. i think if i was asking my phone for something, saying ok google first alerts the room i'm not talking to them, if i just randomly blurt out "remind me when i get home to defrost the chicken" i think i'd get a lot more strange looks :p

My banking apps it's only a 6 didget pin to enter. Pretty sure with Barclays I had to do that anyway. But Santander was finger print unlock. Will probably need a Samsung to remove fingerprint for it to really kick off the facelock. Pixels don't have the market share.

For me personally I prefer not saying ok Google as much as possible I always feel like a duck saying it.

Associate
You can say 'Hey Google' as well. Not quite as bad as 'OK Google' in my opinion!

As for talking to your phone, you could just bring it up to your mouth and talk quietly at it if out in public. I am not a huge fan of talking at my phone but this way doesn't seem too embarrassing. My main issue is it seems to struggle with a geordie accent.

taB

taB

Associate
Perfectly good phone (not xl) from my perspective, been using it for 3 months, although I'm not demanding.

However, and I thought worth posting, I bought this on launch from the play store with the promise of a free Chromebook. I paid more than sensible for the phone at that point but knew the Chromebook would be useful for a relative. That was to be with me within day 60 of a successful claim (which they said mine was). Nothing received and 60 days is up.

Have spent a while on the phone today with the 3rd party promotion people running the offer who could tell me naff all, except there's a backlog, with regards when it would arrive. They couldn't promise info on an eta in the near future either which is utterly frustrating.

As such also now spoken to google store direct, as I purchased from them, who will need to call me back as they don't know either. We'll see what happens.

Should have waited for a discount on it really as if they can't sort this then what incentive is there to buy on release. Probably none.

Back
Top Bottom