Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX - 32" 4K, 144Hz, HDR-1400, G-Sync, 1152 Mini-LED zones

Soldato
Well, this came as a surprise, but I don't think the price will be... I'm guessing not much change from £3K...

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...livers-the-best-4k-hdr-gaming-experience-yet/

The seeming lack of HDMI 2.1 is a shame (I'm guessing this will utilise DSC, unless they surprise us), as that will no doubt put it at a disadvantage when new GPUs arrive later this year, assuming they have it (will be rather odd if they don't), and given typical monitor delays we may even see the next gen from Nvidia before this monitor lands.

I'm thinking this will end up as one of the most expensive consumer level monitors ever, beaten only by the 55"/65" behemoths we've seen recently.

I don’t think it will see the light of anytime soon though... could be 2-years before it actually lands on shelves!! It actually wouldn’t surprise me given how many monitors see delay after delay, and this is certainly pushing the tech boundaries so I’m sure will suffer the same fate. Not to worry though, most people will need years to save up for it anyway ha! :D

rog-swift-pg32uqx-g-sync-ultimate.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
According to the press release the Acer Predator X32 (their equivalent) gaming monitor will be available in North America in Q2, starting at a whopping USD $3,599; and in EMEA in Q2 starting at EUR 3,299. The latest AU Optronics panel information we had recently suggested that the 32″ IPS-type panel being used for this screen would not go in to mass production until Q2 2020 so the release of these screens could well slip until later in H2 I believe.

Associate
Wonder if they will have improved the build quality and solved or at least lessened the back light bleed issues.
And that is another sad thing about the current state of monitor and tv lcd technology there will always be an issue whether its back light bleed, glow, colour deformity etc happening. And most of the times they don't even come calibrated from factory.

For this amount of money honestly they should give you the best calibrated device, with no issues no ghosting no bleed. Its wrong to pay this much for something that will have issues.

When i bought my panasonic tv i felt really cheated by the quality for how much i paid. The tv has backlight bleed and movies that have black bars on top and bottom are annoying.

But someone has to do it and the more companies do the better for us consumers. I just have lost hopes for a decent monitor for ok ish price, anything above £800 in my books for a desktop monitor is too much let alone 3k.
Was looking at the asus and acer 43inch monitors and both have dissappointing issues and a price that is more than a very good C9 LG Oled tv that is actually quite bigger..

Associate
The monitor market is getting ridiculous.

Buy an OLED during the sales every December/January for £1000.
Sell last years model for £300-£500 (dependant on burn in abuse)

In 6 years you'll have spent less AND be on the most current technology.

Associate
That price is going to be hard for any high end gamer to swallow considering in 2020 a 48" CX OLED with superior image quality across the board will be like 1/3rd the cost.

Associate
The monitor market is getting ridiculous.

Buy an OLED during the sales every December/January for £1000.
Sell last years model for £300-£500 (dependant on burn in abuse)

In 6 years you'll have spent less AND be on the most current technology.
Sad but really true. Wish i was able to easily resell my old things but i cling to them :D

Caporegime
Wow, Asus reallllllly shot themselves in the head with no HDMI 2.1 considering the X32 will have 3 2.1 ports!!! Short-sighted and kinda sums some of Asus' actions up imo :o

Soldato
OP
Acer just announced theirs at $3600, so yeah, £3K is pretty much a given at this point. LOLS! :D It's a joke really, but people will still pay it.

Back
Top Bottom