• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
The prices will rocket I think just my opinion yes I no ppl will still buy it I’ve just come to the point why for console port games :(

Tbh given the games I play atm with the 5700XT is perfect. Cannot get more fps on X4 because like everyone else with same maxed out settings we hit same fps regardless if it is 5700XT, 2080S or 2080Ti.
Same applies to ESO as both games are hitting hard the CPU. WOT is capped at 143fps as it gets over that so no need to upgrade there also.
(same applies to ESO - Skyrim expansion).

The rest of the games I play and expecting to play (CK3, Port Royale, Surviving Aftermath) are strategy so setting 66-75fps cap on all of them. So there isn't any game in 2020 that would make me buy a new card. CPU only going change the 3900X to a 4900X/4950X.

Caporegime
It is. Reduction in power and increasing performance is very good news. May finally get a notebook GPU as good as the previous year top end desktop card (2080Ti).
Yup that would be fine with me too and would also allow some good gaming on my living room TV! My current GTX 1070 is starting to feel its age and I would love some ray-traching and VR capability. :)

Tbh given the games I play atm with the 5700XT is perfect. Cannot get more fps on X4 because like everyone else with same maxed out settings we hit same fps regardless if it is 5700XT, 2080S or 2080Ti.
Same applies to ESO as both games are hitting hard the CPU. WOT is capped at 143fps as it gets over that so no need to upgrade there also.

The rest of the games I play and expecting to play (CK3, Port Royale, Surviving Aftermath) are strategy so setting 66-75fps cap on all of them. So there isn't any game in 2020 that would make me buy a new card. CPU only going change the 3900X to a 4900X/4950X.
Well, you do have a high-ish-end card already, so technically you only need to upgrade if it doesn't do what you want it to do.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Not playing Cyberpunk 2077?

This year will have all the games I am interested in. Last year or so has been meh with very few games that interested me. 2020 brings Resident Evil 3 Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, System Shock Remake, possibly Age of Empires 4.

I will probably play most of them on my PS4 Pro on my OLED TV due to Nvidia not getting the 3000 series out in time, but will replay again on PC when I pick them up on sale to add to my Steam library later on in the year.

Caporegime
Not playing Cyberpunk 2077?

This year will have all the games I am interested in. Last year or so has been meh with very few games that interested me. 2020 brings Resident Evil 3 Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, System Shock Remake, possibly Age of Empires 4.

I will probably play most of them on my PS4 Pro on my OLED TV due to Nvidia not getting the 3000 series out in time, but will replay again on PC when I pick them up on sale to add to my Steam library later on in the year.
I rarely play new blockbuster games on release... imo it's always better to wait 6-12 months later when prices have dropped and patches/mods have dropped that improve stability and performance.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not playing those kinds of games. Let alone I have strong feeling for a big fail here.

I hope not. I think it will be a huge success.

I rarely play new blockbuster games on release... imo it's always better to wait 6-12 months later when prices have dropped and patches/mods have dropped that improve stability and performance.

I agree. But does depend for me. Many games I can wait for and play much later. But the ones I mentioned I have been looking forward to for a long time and also these are predominantly single player games and exactly the type of games I like and want to see continue being made. As the saying goes, vote with your wallet, so that is what I am doing.

Another game I am interested in playing is Doom Eternal, but it is the type of game that I can wait and play in 12 months and pick it up for £10-£15. In 2019 I hardly picked up any game full price, only one I can recall doing so is the Halo Master Chief Collection on steam for £29.99. Would have got Resident Evil 2 Remake full price but ended up with an AMD code given to me.

Soldato
I hope not. I think it will be a huge success.

I agree. But does depend for me. Many games I can wait for and play much later. But the ones I mentioned I have been looking forward to for a long time and also these are predominantly single player games and exactly the type of games I like and want to see continue being made. As the saying goes, vote with your wallet, so that is what I am doing.

Another game I am interested in playing is Doom Eternal, but it is the type of game that I can wait and play in 12 months and pick it up for £10-£15. In 2019 I hardly picked up any game full price, only one I can recall doing so is the Halo Master Chief Collection on steam for £29.99. Would have got Resident Evil 2 Remake full price but ended up with an AMD code given to me.

Given how can't max out the witcher 3 @4k on a 1080ti I know it will struggle with cyberpunk.

Cyperpunk like the The Witcher 3 I want to play maxed out (for W3 this meant upgrading from gtx 780 sli to 980ti sli) for Cyberpunk with RTX i recon this going to mean at least 1 3080ti. Or what ever the big chip version of the next architecture

Caporegime
Given how can't max out the witcher 3 @4k on a 1080ti I know it will struggle with cyberpunk.

Cyperpunk like the The Witcher 3 I want to play maxed out (for W3 this meant upgrading from gtx 780 sli to 980ti sli) for Cyberpunk with RTX i recon this going to mean at least 1 3080ti. Or what ever the big chip version of the next architecture
Yeah, the 3080Ti will likely play most things at 4k if the improvements of 50% are to be believed. Older games will be a wet dream.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I do not require to play it maxed out. There are plenty things that decrease performance that either make image quality worse or improve it so little that you need to take pictures and compare them side by side to spot the difference. Once I am done my usual optimisation prettymmuch every game except for Final Fantasy 15 managed to hit 60fps when I had my Titan XP. Each to their own though, if having every slider on maximum makes you happy then that's what you should do :)

Soldato
I do not require to play it maxed out. There are plenty things that decrease performance that either make image quality worse or improve it so little that you need to take pictures and compare them side by side to spot the difference. Once I am done my usual optimisation prettymmuch every game except for Final Fantasy 15 managed to hit 60fps when I had my Titan XP. Each to their own though, if having every slider on maximum makes you happy then that's what you should do :)

For my once every 5 years mega excited titles it does! There is just some titles you want to upgrade for and enjoy to the fullest. The next one will be Baldur's Gate 3 but since it will be on the Divinity Original 2 sin engine I think my 1080ti will manage lol.

Caporegime

Witcher 3 has some amazing mods that really make a huge difference to the graphics, for example this one https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021

Damn right I want to make one of the best game on earth look as beautiful as possible when I first play it (I have been saving it for my next GPU upgrade)! :p :D

Soldato
I rarely (if ever) buy PC games full price - there are so many resellers these day who offer deep discounts, usually up to £10-15 off retail. But if Ampere isn't coming until August then I doubt nvidia will release a stopgap will they?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Witcher 3 has some amazing mods that really make a huge difference to the graphics, for example this one https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021

Damn right I want to make one of the best game on earth look as beautiful as possible when I first play it (I have been saving it for my next GPU upgrade)! :p :D
I used one mod as I recall. It was for textures.

Yeah go for it man. I am happy to forgo small difference in image quality where you can't see the difference when in game. I have found many games to be this way, though not all, you turn it from ultra to High and there is hardly a difference. Where there is always an undeniable difference in image quality is resolution, that's why I have been n on 4K since 2014 :)

Back
Top Bottom