Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Boyceys top tip of the night, if you get the gun you've been after for ages and want to give it a try make sure of a couple of things:

1. Make sure you put more than 6 rounds into it
2. Don't take all your protective gear off
3. Make sure you insure your brand new gear
4. Double and triple check that you actually click the 'play offline' checkbox

My backside has never puckered up so fast as getting the 'matching players' screen and thinking 'that never comes up on offline moOH FFF'

Made it out with 2 scav kills and 1 player scav kill scurrying to the extract point

Soldato
Another vote for a compass here. I think considering you can even use a watch int he real world to get a rough idea of direction, this is something they should think about.
Precisely. When holding a rifle the watch is visible anyway why not make it a compass and then the watches can be customisable as well. EOD with digital watch/gps :D.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Thanks for the description. When you say "make money" you mean virtual in game money right to buy better gear?
I do yes. Thankfully they've severely limited the potential for real money trading which will help stabilise the in-game economy somewhat and deter some of the (previously prevalent) cheating issues.

Soldato
When you've killed quite a few scav players, have a bag full of loot then receive a shot to the face whilst looting a corpse you don't need to :(

What's the point in shotguns when the pen of all the rounds is pretty low or do the ballistics for them somehow work differently?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
When you've killed quite a few scav players, have a bag full of loot then receive a shot to the face whilst looting a corpse you don't need to :(

What's the point in shotguns when the pen of all the rounds is pretty low or do the ballistics for them somehow work differently?
The penetration values of buckshot are, realistically, poor. When you hit unarmoured areas / targets is where they shine though, leg meta is king for shotguns unless you hit the face. There are a couple of useful AP 'slugs' if you will, namely the AP20 round and I think there's a flechette slug too, both of those have good penetration on class 4 armour upwards, but obviously you need to close the distance still compared to the bigger rifle rounds.

Soldato
My super top tip, might seem idiotic to most, but just in case, can't believe what a difference it makes. Play in stereo! Switch off surround sound. Jeez, it's like a different game. I keep on finding single use lab cards, sold one on flea which is a nice cash injection - should i be keeping them?

Soldato
My super top tip, might seem idiotic to most, but just in case, can't believe what a difference it makes. Play in stereo! Switch off surround sound. Jeez, it's like a different game. I keep on finding single use lab cards, sold one on flea which is a nice cash injection - should i be keeping them?

keep maybe one for now but low level (below 20) - don't bother. sell them.

Unless your super confident in your gun play - Labs is a nightmare. You can make 500k per run, but it's a nightmare of a place. Get shot from every angle.

Soldato
Unless they do something drastic to the market next wipe to stop the ability to just buy top tier ammo easily. I don't bother with high flesh damage. 20+ years of FPS games means I cannot get out of the habit of auto targeting for the chest/head. Aiming for the legs only just feels so awkward.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Unless they do something drastic to the market next wipe to stop the ability to just buy top tier ammo easily. I don't bother with high flesh damage. 20+ years of FPS games means I cannot get out of the habit of auto targeting for the chest/head. Aiming for the legs only just feels so awkward.
The viability and availability of top tier armour ammo needs a big overhaul imo. Lore wise, I don't see why class 6 armour would even be around let alone in ample supply, and likewise with the armour. I'd expect class 6 to only be find in raid and be exceptionally rare. I'd downstate the top ammo ever so slightly possibly, rebalance the ballistics again so other types of ammo become viable again and really start the "rarity" of items - coupled with removing the easy methods of making stupid money.

Long old development path to go yet though :)

Associate
Playing as a Scav should I be actively killing everything? I've tried being cautious and only targetting PMC but usually, by the time I have marked tham as players, I get killed.
Should I just be less cautious? I way too scared to start using my main character yet :)
Still getting a feel for finding my way around customs.

Soldato
Had an amusing 5/10 minutes reading through the first 10 pages or so of this thread and the immediate cries of rip off, russians "no thanks" and other negative comments, from myself included i'll add.

Glad to see this has matured into a fairly solid game and continues to be expanded on. Apparently they had 300k concurrent attempted log-ons over xmas, that's not bad for a game on a standalone launcher. Imagine how big this could blow if it came to Steam.

Soldato
Playing as a Scav should I be actively killing everything? I've tried being cautious and only targetting PMC but usually, by the time I have marked tham as players, I get killed.
Should I just be less cautious? I way too scared to start using my main character yet :)
Still getting a feel for finding my way around customs.

They nerfed the ammo that Scavs spawn with just before Christmas. Only in rare circumstances will you have ammo that can go through Tier 4 armor. It's always fun to get the drop on a PMC and loot all their stuff but it feels like the Devs wants Scavs to be picking up the scraps and trying to get out with stuff you can sell later. You definately need to be much more sneaky and careful if you want to kill PMCs as Scavs.

Soldato
Had an amusing 5/10 minutes reading through the first 10 pages or so of this thread and the immediate cries of rip off, russians "no thanks" and other negative comments, from myself included i'll add.

Glad to see this has matured into a fairly solid game and continues to be expanded on. Apparently they had 300k concurrent attempted log-ons over xmas, that's not bad for a game on a standalone launcher. Imagine how big this could blow if it came to Steam.

The purchasing page looks suspect as ****

Wouldn't be surprised if some people just don't bother. If this was on steam they could probably double the numbers with the amount of streamers putting the hours in.

Back
Top Bottom