Samsung 55” Q80 + free 43” TV - should I?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I was looking to buy a new TV as my Samsung es8000 has developed some faint lines which show now and again..

I like the Samsung brand and a sales guy said the Q80 is the one to go for if I want a 55”. I liked the non reflective screen.
I’m not AV geek so I just need the TV to have a nice picture, play YouTube and the occasional Xbox session. I like a thin bezel, hence my es8000.

with discounts, the Q80 can be had for £899 and Samsung will give £300 cash back if I get another Samsung product, so I was just going to get a 43” thing they do for £300 to stick in the spare room or garage.

For the price, is the Q80R good or am
I missing sometbing? It seems to have great online reviews and as I like Samsung and need a 55”, the only option.

Advice welcome and appreciated

thanks

Soldato
Hi

Yeah it is a good Samsung model and reviews seem very positive i have seen a few people say the Q85R would be a better buy because that model come with the Samsung One connect box so might be some future proofing there if you could just connect a newer model One connect box in the future.

I think that Samsung is a good all round tv.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, very helpful!

I did quickly look at the 85 and one connect box (great idea) but I have all of my devices going into an amp and just a single HDMI+power going to my Tv so I don’t think the box would be of a big benefit. The problem with it is that you would always have to use it as you loose all terminals on the rear of the TV.. Great idea eitherway

great, thanks for the reassurance. I’ll head down tomorrow and pick up the new toys

Soldato
Thanks guys, very helpful!

I did quickly look at the 85 and one connect box (great idea) but I have all of my devices going into an amp and just a single HDMI+power going to my Tv so I don’t think the box would be of a big benefit. The problem with it is that you would always have to use it as you loose all terminals on the rear of the TV.. Great idea eitherway

great, thanks for the reassurance. I’ll head down tomorrow and pick up the new toys

More about fald versus edge lit really

Soldato
I'd check out the 85 , £100 more, with a £100 voucher .... no point in buying a £300 tv unless you really need it, and comprmosing the main tv

Caporegime
I just took advantage of this offer. Got a 55 Q85R for £999 and a Q80R soundbar for £749. After my cashback and selling my old TV, It’ll be about £1100 all in. Bargaintastic! Gotta love the January sales.

Soldato
when will samsung cease the, rebate on another product, deals, and just reduce the price ... hopefully the Hisense microled lcd's, in the market, will pursade them.
If you can do a joint deal with someone at work to use the rebate on a 2nd q80/q85 , that would be best ?

Soldato
well, even the ability to rebate on one of their phones, or a tablet, woulds be a better deal.

Yeah, but I guess they dont have a problem selling those. Their soundbars are always overpriced so they roll out these deals and people think they got a bargain. They are bundling smartwatches with phones right now though if that helps :p

Soldato
I've had a Samsung for 7 years with zero issues, just for the other side of the argument.

I have one from 2009.. it works but buzzes due to the LCD backlight controller buzzing during HD playback dark scenes. A known issue and one that never really got a solution.

Back
Top Bottom