English/international phones

Associate
Hi, was looking at a phone online and its an international phone not UK phone, does this matter. Its unlocked. I'm on vodaphone. I'm in the UK
Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks this is the phone I was looking at and the reason for buying international one is you can get it in UK cheaper than UK version -
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Associate
Is there an actual model number, rather than the name? Because different versions will be released for different markets, each of which will probably have different ranges of supported bands.

For example, my phone (LG V20) has various models for different markets (F800, H910, H915, H990). There is a lot of overlap between the bands supported on each of these different models, but you'll want to check it to make sure.

Soldato
You have to be careful of the whole Global vs Chinese version thing. Depending on the source "international" can mean that someone has taken the Chinese version of the phone and flashed it with the Global rom ... but that'll mean it still only supports the Chinese frequency bands.

Permabanned
My Moto Z2 Force (had since new out) was Asian version (makes zero difference to menus language or network to use) I got it due to at the time it was only way to get the extra ram and storage 6GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB instead of 4GB/64GB like the US/UK/EU models and it can use Dual Sims if need be.

Back
Top Bottom