• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Reviews/Thoughts on MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC?

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for either a 2070S or 2080S. The MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC looks just about affordable at £619.99 right now on OCUK.

Hard to find reviews for the card itself though? Does anyone here use it, recommend it etc?

Cheers,
Alex.

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for either a 2070S or 2080S. The MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC looks just about affordable at £619.99 right now on OCUK.

Hard to find reviews for the card itself though? Does anyone here use it, recommend it etc?

Cheers,
Alex.

what resolution are you playing at?

I would save money and get a 2070Super for under £500. I don't think the performance difference is worth the price difference.

Associate
OP
what resolution are you playing at?

I would save money and get a 2070Super for under £500. I don't think the performance difference is worth the price difference.

4k resolution. I wanted to future proof as I only use P3D and MSFS2020 comes this year!

Soldato
I had the MSI RTX 2080 Ventus non super which had the same cooler and it was decent and pretty quiet.

You can also pick the 2080 Gigabyte super windforce OC up for a little more at around £630 and that has a tipple fan design and uk based warranty support should anything go wrong.

Soldato
4k resolution. I wanted to future proof as I only use P3D and MSFS2020 comes this year!

If your main reason for upgrading is for a game that isn't released yet then I would seriously consider waiting until the game is close to release before buying. New GPUs are coming out this year, if the game isn't released until later in the year there is every chance that a new generation of cards will be out.

Forgot to ask what CPU do you have and how much memory?

Associate
OP
If your main reason for upgrading is for a game that isn't released yet then I would seriously consider waiting until the game is close to release before buying. New GPUs are coming out this year, if the game isn't released until later in the year there is every chance that a new generation of cards will be out.

Forgot to ask what CPU do you have and how much memory?

Just in the meantime I have hundreds of £££s invested in P3D and cannot use it currently as performance is now shocking with my old 1070.

I have a 9700k @ 5.0GHZ.

Soldato
Just in the meantime I have hundreds of £££s invested in P3D and cannot use it currently as performance is now shocking with my old 1070.

I have a 9700k @ 5.0GHZ.

With CPU and the amount you have already invested, go all out and get the 2080Ti. It seems to be a major hobby for you, why let the technology limit your experience. It's only money. And geting the 2080Ti also solves the problem of Future proofing as it will be more future proof than any other card out now.

Another option is to buy a 2070Super, then sell it when the next generation of cards come out and buy the 2080 sucessor.

Or just get the 2080 Super, it's a massive upgrade from what you have.

Soldato
Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Alex.

2080 ran a little hot , 2080s will be a bit hotter and louder . Heatsink is entry design from MSI compared to their range so get what you pay for basically . got a well cooled case and gaming with headset then you should be fine. speed will be a little lower from other bigger cards etc

Back
Top Bottom