What is wrong with people?

Soldato
Back when I was l little kid(8-10ish)

My mates dad got them a dog, a small mixed breed pupper.. they were a big family, 13 kids all ages obviously and a bit messed up overall.

After a month or so my mate told me that the dad threw the dog in an open manhole a few days ago and left it there to die because it was making too much noise at night as you'd expect a puppy to be.

I ended up going down there, climbed down the deep manhole and got the dog out, he was extremely tired and drained, no food or water etc.. yapping in the hole as you can imagine.

Got him home, fed him and an hour later he disappeared... The stupid thing ran back to the original house(5 houses down from ours)

And that was the end, never seen the dog again.

I did ask my mate but all he said what that his dad took him away, not sure exactly where or what happened but from my understanding it was drowned in a lake in similar fashion to what was attempted here.

Mind you this was in Lithuania where animals seem to get this treatment by degenerates like this and there's no animal welfare etc to control things or re-home dogs.

The whole thing still bothers me! But little else could I do back then at that age.

Caporegime
Tbh I'm not even going to read the linked article in the OP.

I assume from responses it was something terrible (no need for any explanation or details).

Just reading about this kind of thing makes me ill.

Soldato
I find people being cruel to animals far more difficult to deal with that humans being horrible to each other. I put people like this in with those that attend dog fighting and even bull fighting. I don't understand how people can get enjoyment from watching animals suffer. As for these scumbags, lock them up and make sure they can never keep an animal again.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Sad story, how someone can do that I have no idea. At least the dog is alive and recovering.

Should do the exact same thing back to the previous owner. And not rescue them.

Associate
Got angry at this when I read about it yesterday. Now I'm angry again.

I've said before, I'm not an advocate of capital punishment, but stories like this almost sway my opinion. Scumbags.

Same, I want to torture the people who did this until I am satisfied they will never ever do something like this again

Soldato
Well my members name drew me to this one. Just what the fuup is wrong with people?

At the risk of being castigated for making stereotypical and discriminatory comments.

I would hazard a modest wager that there is a caravan site in the near vicinity.

A certain community is actually quite notorious for the callous and utterly inhumane disposal of animals (Whether they be greyhounds, horses or any other animal for that matter) that they no longer have any use for.

I was actually quite surprised that it wasn't a greyhound in this case given the initial reading of the headline!

Soldato
The dog was chipped, so unless it was stolen by ****** or someone else....

It would be dumb for anybody to do something like this to a chipped dog that they were linked too. Having said that there are plenty of dumb people around.

However, Even if the people arrested are the linked owners, and they are not ******, it doesn't detract from my general comment. old Greyhounds and pony's that have outlived their usefulness being tied up in a wood somewhere and being left to starve to death is pretty common in certain parts of the country.

Soldato
The same thing you should do to scumbags who attack other people for no reason...prison.
i do find it strange that people seem to care more about dogs being attacked than humans though.

I agree. I don't see that an animal should invoke a stronger feeling of sympathy than a human, but it generally is the case. When people do unacceptable things then they should be punished, not killed. We have laws to deal with this sort of thing, and it appears the process is working as intended as thankfully the perpetrators were arrested.

Caporegime
I agree. I don't see that an animal should invoke a stronger feeling of sympathy than a human, but it generally is the case. When people do unacceptable things then they should be punished, not killed. We have laws to deal with this sort of thing, and it appears the process is working as intended as thankfully the perpetrators were arrested.
Yes, and the maximum they'll get in prison is 6 months, which isn’t long enough imo.

Man of Honour
I once read a story, allegedly true, from ancient Rome. A person found a person whipping a dog, so they beat the person whipping the dog, stole the whip, whipped the person with it and took the dog home.

Seemed fair to me.

Soldato
You've got to be a special kind of evil to even think of doing something like that, let alone bloody carry it out. I can't even call them animals because no animal would do such a thing.

Soldato
i do find it strange that people seem to care more about dogs being attacked than humans though.

Dogs are cute and mostly defenceless, they're also extremely trusting so they're not going to put up a fight when you starting tying things to them and taking them somewhere. It makes it so much worse.

Soldato
They say cruelty to animals is an early sign of psychopathy or as I call it pathological selfishness.

Some people have no empathy for others or animals. They can't be trusted.

Maybe start doing to them what they do to others and they might at least be faced with the result of their own actions.
This is obviously a terrible vile thing to do, but I also extend this statement to meat eaters, how can they have empathy or is a cow not living or a pig feel no stress or pain

Soldato
This is obviously a terrible vile thing to do, but I also extend this statement to meat eaters, how can they have empathy or is a cow not living or a pig feel no stress or pain

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Killing something senselessly for no reason is a very different thing from sending animals to a humane (as humane as killing can be, at least) slaughter for the purpose of eating them.

Take that rubbish elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom