On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Associate
I miss up completely,

I suck,

Try again. Try something different, something you haven't tried before. Good luck
My new year resolution, to quit alcohol, started last monday!

Could murder a drink right now though! Hope i can beat it. Not a big drinker though.

If you're 'not a big drinker' why are you consciously trying, and struggling to, to stop drinking? Why are you hoping to beat something that you're trying to tell us isn't a problem for you?

I think you need to look more honestly at your relationship with booze and answer these questions for yourself. You don't need to share the fruits of your work with us if you don't want to but I suspect if you're to succeed then you need to do the work. We don't solve problems we don't have. Good luck k

Soldato
Try again. Try something different, something you haven't tried before. Good luck

If you're 'not a big drinker' why are you consciously trying, and struggling to, to stop drinking? Why are you hoping to beat something that you're trying to tell us isn't a problem for you?

I think you need to look more honestly at your relationship with booze and answer these questions for yourself. You don't need to share the fruits of your work with us if you don't want to but I suspect if you're to succeed then you need to do the work. We don't solve problems we don't have. Good luck k

I dont drink every day of the week. I drink a few bottles of plonk on the weekend. I used to drink more. Trying to stop altogether

Soldato
Pretty good, not had anything since May 5th and will be going the rest of the year without.

Looking forward to some better weather to spend more time on the motorbike, hope you lot are doing ok.

Soldato
Coming up 18 months since I quit.

BUT... I did have a glass of gluhwein out on the markets, two pints of stout on a night out, and a bottle of IPA when some friends came round over the Christmas break.

So I guess that doesn't count as completely quit anymore. I don't think I ever intended that to be the case, though. I just needed to get some healthier drinking habits in place, which led to me not drinking anything for well over a year. No plans to be drinking anything else for the foreseeable future.

So if you want to be technical about it, I'm at 12 days booze free again...

Soldato
Coming up 18 months since I quit.

BUT... I did have a glass of gluhwein out on the markets, two pints of stout on a night out, and a bottle of IPA when some friends came round over the Christmas break.

So I guess that doesn't count as completely quit anymore. I don't think I ever intended that to be the case, though. I just needed to get some healthier drinking habits in place, which led to me not drinking anything for well over a year. No plans to be drinking anything else for the foreseeable future.

So if you want to be technical about it, I'm at 12 days booze free again...

You have done really well. Superb mate.

Soldato
Last drink for me was Jan 1st, 13 days in so far.

Same here, The weekend just gone was easier than i expected and there are definitely times when i'd normally have opened a beer.

I'm not intending to abstain completely, just want to change my habits really as per the poster above. I tend not to drink in the week, but then i'm also unable to just open some wine and have a glass, it always ends up being the bottle. It's not just booze though, i'm the same with crisps/chocolate etc.

Really want to try and stop that and cutting down drinking at home as i've found even a few beers seem to really affect my functionality the next day and it's impacting my running which i'm enjoying more and more.

Really hoping alcohol free beers keep getting better as i love the taste and the current ones just don't quite cut it. It's not really the alcohol that i crave i don't think it's the enjoying of a nice bottle of red wine/beer.

Soldato
I'm doing a bit of a dry January. I don't drink too much either, maybe 2/3 days over the weekend and that's probably no more than 4 beers a day. I set a target of not drinking till the 25th of Jan when we having a meal and drinks out with the family but I haven't missed it at all really. We did go for food Saturday and I would have liked a drink but it didn't bother me too much not drinking and when I'm at home I don't really notice it all. Going forward it will not change my habits too much, maybe cut down to only drinking one night a week.

Soldato
Yeah, still doing good, weather has been shocking for months so not been out on my motorbike much and that's the thing that i got into as a hobby to keep me on the straight and narrow, infact i'm selling it.

I'll be getting some driving lessons to get my car license soon, that's the next thing and i'll be getting a bigger better bike when the weather changes, have to have things to focus on, that's my best advice, hope you lot are doing ok.

Soldato
Had a heavy week last week. Added up the empties and probably cleared 50 units for the week drinking every night. Never felt hungover so was pretty shocked about how much I got through.

Have basically told myself if I don't drink M,T,W,T then I can have a drink F,S,S. If I have anything during the week then nothing over the weekend.

My big temptation is after my wife goes to bed (she often goes to bed before 10). I'm a night owl so will often drink wine watching TV until 1am or so.

I need to fill that time with better habits so I'll try to get to the gym in the evenings a bit more (it's open till 11pm so that helps)

I want to lose weight (I'm 6'2" and 105kg). Plus at 52 getting healthy now is really important.

Had nothing tonight and didn't really miss it. If I can't manage this new routine then I have to accept that I'm not in control.

Caporegime
Well I fell off the wagon and have sunk half a bottle of whisky each night for the past couple of nights... I really should find a better way to manage myself when I feel low because drinking seems like a good idea beforehand, but afterwards I realise it didn't help anything and it didn't even make me feel better.

I would symobilically tip the rest of this bottle away but I can't bring myself to be so wasteful.

Night all.

Back
Top Bottom