Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
Hermes provide a estimated delivery window, that automatically makes them superior to amazon logistics.

Quite often get an estimated delivery window with Amazon Logistics now though more often than not it tends to get amended like 5 minutes before the time to a couple of hours later :s

Soldato
I seem to occasionally get it but not very often. I would say on average 1 in every 4 deliveries. Most of the time is "estimated delivery by 9pm".

Commissario
Still never had an issue with them. In fact, I recently had an SD card fail which was part of an order of six cards. When I spoke to them, they reshipped the entire order but only wanted the one faulty card back.

I genuinely forget the last time they failed to deliver on time, Prime is almost always next day, even if I order at a few minutes to midnight and on the odd occasion I've had to return stuff for refund, the refund is processed with a couple of minutes of me handing the item over at the local post office.

No donkey ball suckage here.

Soldato
Prime is amazing for me the delivery's are always mid to late evening when I'm back from work, I tend to order from them even if its a little more expensive as I know it will arrive when I'm home.. Ordered maybe 50 items in 3 months so far

Permabanned
Heme's only second to Yodel as the worst out there.

My Amazon deliveries were more consistent before I went prime (few years now), I know it does state by 9pm but before it was late morning like clockwork for years.

They even wrote to me recently saying i do not use my Prime Membership benefits fully, I ideally got it fore the postage saving as buy a lot and hardly use the other features.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hermes, now that's something that sucks donkey balls! I'll actively avoid anywhere that uses them.

They officially lost my John Lewis delivery before christmas almost immediately after receiving it. The tracking never worked. I got a replacement sent, which didn't track properly and then it arrived with the original.

Never had an issue other than that though. UK Mail was a constant pain at work.

Soldato
I get estimated window with Amazon Logistics, and GPS tracking within 8 stops, better than I get with Hermes

This is whats currently frustrating as it appears to be a postcode lottery, some seem to get it all the time, there is some reporting they dont get at all, and I only get the tracking/estimation "sometimes".

Next day is nice, but its not nice having to sacrifice 8am to 9pm because they cannot shrink the window down from 13 hours.

Associate
Had a parcel "left in reception of building" last week, which is publically assessible and an insane place to leave a parcel of valuable items. Strangely enough the wife was in the whole day and they didn't try to deliver. Building CCTV also showed that they never delivered the parcel.

Amazon after 2 working days said they would resend the item, I thought it was the end of it. There were two items in the parcel a TV box and a new mobile phone. They replaced the TV box but didnt do anything about the phone. You would think they would put 1+1 together that if one got stolen then the other one would also.. back on the phone to them tomorrow, yay.

Associate
So after years of Amazaon being great, I had a parcel left on my doorstep on Wednesday evening. It said online that it had been 'handed to resident' which is a lie as I got in from football at about 10:30pm and there it was. The book inside somehow managed to avoid water damage as I peeled off the cardboard packaging.

Soldato
I get estimated window with Amazon Logistics, and GPS tracking within 8 stops, better than I get with Hermes

Same. In fact already this year I've used my prime to have 3 items delivered and each has been next day and been at home before I've got back from work.

DPD and Royal Mail are also just as good and never have packages go missing. The last Hermes thing I had delivered it said it was delivered to my work on a weekend when no one would've been in. I drove to work expecting to see it outside, nothing there. Called them up and they said it wasn't ready to be delivered until the following week. Useless.

Soldato
Ordered a couple of items on New Year’s day, both showing as in stock and eligible for next day Prime Delivery. It was only after I received dispatch notification for one item that I checked the outstanding orders in my account, and noticed that the delivery date for the other item had been pushed back by Amazon from the 2nd Jan to the 7th, without informing me. So, as I was due to be leaving the country for 3 months on the morning of the 4th, I tried to cancel it, giving the reason ‘Item would arrive too late’. They were then ‘unsuccessful’ in cancelling my order, despite the fact that nothing had been dispatched. It was only on the night of the 3rd that they then dispatched it, from Spain, and it arrived on the 5th at home.

The item was a Gerber Suspension multi-tool for work, that would have been handy to have, but now it’s 7 timezones away, and frankly of not much use to me. I just don’t understand how I wasn’t able to cancel the order when it wasn’t dispatched until a few days after I ordered it, and it’s not as if it was an uncommon item that had to be bought in specially by the supplier.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im still getting next day from amazon uk ok through prime.

To put in perspective though, I ordered some stuff in the sale direct from Amazon Japan yesterday, was on the overnight flight and just had the delivery notification for this afternoon.

Soldato
Updated report on the state of the art amazon delivery service.

A book and a dvd coming from different amazon warehouses.

book has no estimated time just that it was loaded onto van at 7.42am.
dvd has estimated time of 8.30-10pm, was loaded onto van at 9.56am.

So the poor guy doing the dvd is doing run that exceeds 12 hours.

I wont be here after 5pm, I gave them 9 hours to deliver which I think is perfectly reasonable.

Man of Honour
A question:
In the past I've had Amazon Prime for 3 different months but during that time I never bought anything or needed to watch anything on Prime.
Over this last 3 months I've bought many items with quite a few having a p&p with it which I've paid if I can't get it from eBay with free delivery.
What I want to know is when you become a member does p&p go away and do you see a 'different' Amazon?

eg With this product I see that it's a free delivery if I spend over £20 but does it become free if I'm a member? - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YDBS...colid=7EY3TMA2C3YR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Same again, free on orders over £20 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004G6NYB6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

This one costs £1.99 p&p but does that become free if a member? - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W98W...colid=7EY3TMA2C3YR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for your input

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom