• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My Gigabyte Windforce OC 2080ti sounds like a powerwasher

Associate
I honestly don't even remotely know how it started , it just started happening one day a week or two back ,didn't happen a lot, but every now and then it was there,but today it started being a constant, whenever a game is actively running on the screen, it goes nuts, even setting the fan to 100% speed doesn't bring the rpm up that high on the tachometer from what i can see in MSI afterburner.

I click off the game and go to a different monitor, it completely calms down and stops making so much noise it could wake the dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeZVAKzFZdo&feature=youtu.be

The video is still being processed by Youtube last i checked and only 480p is available atm, its recorded with my iPhone XS Max , so i do believe a 4k recording will be available.

I'm thinking the GPU is more or less dead ? , its never been OC'd or fiddled with.

Runs together with a i9 9900k , 32gb ddr4 3600mhz on a gigabyte aorus master motherboard, not that i think it has anything to say in this regard.

Associate
OP
I fixed it my self, took it apart, applied new TIM , its only 9 screws to release on the back and you can get the cooler off , gpu is about 10-15c cooler now when running games as well , also applied new thermal pads, TIM + Thermal pads from Phobya , good stuff.

Soldato
I fixed it my self, took it apart, applied new TIM , its only 9 screws to release on the back and you can get the cooler off , gpu is about 10-15c cooler now when running games as well , also applied new thermal pads, TIM + Thermal pads from Phobya , good stuff.

cooler removal isn't/wouldn't void warranty . specially if no Waterblock is going on . Plus rep on here is pretty handy and understanding.

I've always replaced thermal pads on my GPUs and paste as stock units or like 2/3 W/mK . ones you've applied are 8 W/mK and i used some of Alphacool's 17 W/mK . Only downside... they transfer more heat to the heatsink quicker so it gets warmer! though your parts may register cooler , its work upping fan curve a little

Back
Top Bottom