US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Caporegime
Iranian citizens killed by... Iranian citizens. Because apparently nobody over there knows how to queue, or behave in an orderly fashion.

At least 56 people have been killed in a stampede in the Iranian city of Kerman at the funeral procession for a top commander killed in an air strike by the United States.

Iranian state TV said at least 56 people have been killed and more than 200 injured in the stampede, citing security sources.

(Source).

Caporegime
I think stoning people to death and public executions are unacceptable, human life is human life regardless of "culture". Deaths the same for everyone.
Well I can't say I'm in favour of it either.

But we're not about to go "liberate" China are we? And they have some pretty serious human rights issues.

Heck, what about Saudi Arabia? THey're our "allies". Don't they also have stoning and public executions? Oh yes, they do!

Should we "liberate" Iran because they're a softer target (relatively)?

Shall we "liberate" Saudi right after?

Associate
Can anyone translate? Apparently a 2nd wave is under-way

ENt-2YWU4AEtQFv

Caporegime
Iranian citizens killed by... Iranian citizens. Because apparently nobody over there knows how to queue, or behave in an orderly fashion.

(Source).

Bit late to the thread and to be fair crowds can behave like that all over the place, poor crowd control = deaths.

But anyway, the Iranians being dumb today are the ones that decided actually cracking on with an attack was a good idea...

Man of Honour
Source is a dubious one (been mostly wrong before) but claims Iran has launched more than a dozen fighter aircraft and heading towards Iraq.

Soldato

But we're not about to go "liberate" China are we? And they have some pretty serious human rights issues.

Heck, what about Saudi Arabia? THey're our "allies". Don't they also have stoning and public executions? Oh yes, they do!

None of those countries have been actively attacking us or our allies over the last 40 odd years though. The chinese might dabble in a bit of cyber warfare but thats about the extent of it.

No doubt a bit of bullying is going on with the US though, they wouldn't dare do something like this to a country with an equal military power. That is why everything is being quite measured in response, the US can't be seen to be the bully. It has to take a few on the chin but by christ will the yanks reply with a haymaker.

Soldato

I was very worried for moment you were going to say yes.

and I agree with the other points, but remember why i originally responded to you, it was because you said this...

"I notice the BBC are gearing up for UK involvement in an Iranian war, talking about "brutal oppression" and dictatorships and yadda and yadda. Stopped just short of "axis of evil" tho."

It was simply to remind you what the difference is between the UK and some of these countries, that sentence above gives the impression that you think the UK is on a similar level culturally to some of these backward practices and countries.

Caporegime
I hope the reports of 60-80 US troops killed and dozens of helicopters, etc. destroyed that is circulating on twitter now is Iran propaganda otherwise it is pretty much game on :|

Also ref this... the idea that they're getting accurate battle damage reports that quickly isn't very believable. Granted they will likely have dickers in the base but they're generally numpties and even if they were switched on they're hardly going to be in a position to just go around quickly doing a quick assessment etc.. when they're probably paranoid as **** about being caught with a mobile phone on them right now etc..

Caporegime
None of those countries have been actively attacking us or our allies over the last 40 odd years though. The chinese might dabble in a bit of cyber warfare but thats about the extent of it.

No doubt a bit of bullying is going on with the US though, they wouldn't dare do something like this to a country with an equal military power. That is why everything is being quite measured in response, the US can't be seen to be the bully. It has to take a few on the chin but by christ will the yanks reply with a haymaker.
That's arguable in Saudi's case. We know they are funnelling money into extremist Wahabi factions. Who target the West.

Back
Top Bottom