Dracula | Teaser Trailer - BBC

Man of Honour
I'm utterly baffled by this.

I really enjoyed episode 1, it had lots of tension and even some decent jump scares.

Episode 2 was less good, but still decent and I thought the ending was going to lead to something really good.

But Episode 3 was one of the biggest piles of dog **** I've ever watched. I've never known a TV series jump the shark so quickly like that. Utterly awful and nonsensical.

Sherlock the TV series does the same pretty much if you compressed the span of it down to 3 episodes - same with other stuff with the same people behind it - they just don't seem to know how to follow through on a good start and instead try to dazzle the viewer with random **** and over the top "artsy" stuff.

Soldato
What gets me is there must be people in the chain before this **** gets released who sit there, watch it and think "yes, this good". Same goes for Dr Who too, the latest offering is dire, it's that bad that even the seven year Dr Who fan we watched it with decided to wander off part way through the second episode and make a start on a model F-16.

Soldato
First episode started well but by the time Dracula had regressed into his "young" self I struggled to not turn it off.
Horrendous mis cast... If one thing Dracula should have is presence and this incarnation had all the presence of a city banker yapping on his phone on the train home from Waterloo.
Crap.

Soldato
The best thing that has come of this is that I'm now listening to the audio book of Bram Stoker's original just to try and cleanse myself.

Coincidentally also visiting Whitby for the first time in years soon for a charity event.

Soldato
Watched the final episode and was shocked at the drop in quality. The entire thing with the Harker Foundation just seemed to go nowhere. It all felt like a way dreamed up to explain the end of Ep 2. Then the actual end just dropped in like 10 seconds and fade to black.
My wife summed it up, "How do you make Dracula so dull?"

Soldato
It seemed to me that Ep 1 & 2 were good because they were still based on the source material (with obvious modern social dynamics written in) but when it came down to writing the script themselves for Ep 3 it was crap.

A bit like when GoT went past the books and wrote their own script for the last couple of seasons.

Back
Top Bottom