What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Currently halfway through James May: Our Man in Japan. It's James May being James May in Japan. What's not to like?

Watched the first episode last night but kept getting micro stutters in the video on both my fire tv and samsung prime app. Only watching the 1080p version but it was very noticeable, especially in panning shots and at the beginning with the waves.

The show itself was quite enjoyable with gentle humour, James seems far happier on his own than in the Grand Tour. :D

Soldato
Had a bit of a sabbatical from watching tv series since giving up with Good Omens back in early October. As well as just not feeling like starting anything new, it coincides with AEW Wrestling starting on ITV (I've not watched wrestling since the early 90s!) and the 2 hours per week of that has absorbed much of my tv watching time!

I did watch the first season of True Detective over the xmas period, though, which was pretty great if a little lacking in levity.

Also finally watched the valentine's day special of Big Mouth, last night, and might move onto Series 3 of that (or is it series 2?)

Associate
We just finished His Dark Materials. We both enjoyed it!

Also, we watched Ru Paul's Drag Race UK. I thought the UK version was actually very, very funny. There is also quite possibly the best Donald Trump impersonation I've ever seen on it.

Soldato
I thought You Season 2 was a bit slow to start but the last few episodes certainly made up for it.

Watched all of Spinning Out over New Year's, not a bad series.

Have also started Virgin River which seems ok so far.

I've been told Raising Dion is a good series so might start on that soon :)

Caporegime
Also, we watched Ru Paul's Drag Race UK. I thought the UK version was actually very, very funny. There is also quite possibly the best Donald Trump impersonation I've ever seen on it.

As good as Alec Baldwin on Saturday Night Live, I think. But her Kim Woodburn is even funnier. Glad they are showing it on BBC One. Deserves more exposure as it’s 10x better than the US version.

Soldato
Just finished the spy on netflix so quite slow the party on this one, certainly one of Netflix's better offerings from last year!

Dont **** with cats was also decent, so many missed opportunity from the powers that be!

Tried "you" s2 but quickly got bored of the smoke and mirrors approach to the attempts to make it seem clever!

Next is the Witcher

Soldato
I'm 2½ eps in on The Witcher and I'm struggling a little with it. I think it's the use of these fantasy names of places, monsters and people. I struggle to relate to them and therefore remember them, so don't do well at totally understanding what's going on...

Soldato
Don't **** With Cats - equally fascinating and cringe worthy three part documentary about some keyboard vigilantes chasing a guy who killed some cats on the Internet.

Soldato
Managed to finish off a few shows over the weekend:

The Mandalorian - almost gave up on this after episode 4 which was like a poor Stargate SG1 episode, glad I went back to it. Overall the season started strong, dipped poorly along episode 4/5 and picked up nicely at the end. It was generally decent and pleasing after the disappointments of TLJ and ROS.

The Witcher - the acting is middling between poor and ok and storytelling disjointed but I loved it...the swordplay by Cavil was excellent, Yennefers boobs were great and it had me consistently entertained all the way through. Even the Bard fellow who I expected to quickly become annoying wasn't all that bad and was one of the better characters throughout.

Silicon Valley - absolutely gutted this has ended, it became very formulaic over the last few years but it's one of my favourite comedies in recent years after Californication, need to find something to fill the gap. Quite an emotional ending, you can see this was a cast that genuinely gelled together, it will be sorely missed.

Soldato
I have started watching Supernatural again. I stopped through Season 12 where all this Angels - Devils - Metatron - God stuff was happening as it was just getting a bit too silly. So I think I am about half way through season 12 now and its still annoying but watching for the characters really. Quite enjoying the British Men of Letters and curious about what will happen.

Associate
Finally finished S01 of Castle Rock, real slow burner and glad I gave it a chance, really creepy and another decent Stephen King adaptation.
Looking forward to the second season now, hope it is as good as the first.

Believe me, it's even better!

Watched the first two episodes of The Outsider this morning and I can't wait for the third next week. Bateman is absolutely amazing as a drama/mystery character! I believe he co-directed the first few episodes as well.

So far it's absolutely gripping, I might actually go out and buy the book..

Last edited:
Associate
Believe me, it's even better!

Watched the first two episodes of The Outsider this morning and I can't wait for the third next week. Bateman is absolutely amazing as a drama/mystery character! I believe he co-directed the first few episodes as well.

So far it's absolutely gripping, I might actually go out and buy the book..
Nice 1 looking forward to it even more now :)

Back
Top Bottom