Windows 10 S question

Soldato
Hey guys,

I have a 11" 32GB HP laptop thing and although it is only used for kids homework, web and YouTub etc., I'm trying to maximise storage. Its 32GB, fixed.

When doing a fresh install, am I able to install the Windows 10 Pro (1909 bootable USB) license it has as 'S'? Will that even make any difference? I know you can switch S back to Pro/Home etc.

Thanks.

Associate
Thanks! I made a USB stick a couple of weeks back and you only have the 32/64 option.

Maybe 'S' is selectable at the install stage?
As the licence key is embedded into the system BIOS, the installer should pick it up and automatically pick the version that corresponds to that key (although I think it does require the device to be connected to the internet for the license key to be recognised and the correct version of windows 10 to be selected).

If you didn't get the section to input a license key then that would be the case (the normal procedure if I remember it correctly is license key input, selection of what version of windows 10 to install (most likely only appears if a license key isn't entered) and then it goes to the option to upgrade or do a custom (or full since that is the option that needs to be selected to install windows 10 on a blank drive) installation).

Soldato
Uup dump website let's you build an iso to make a boot able USB using yumi or rufus or media creator tool
It has the option to add additional versions ie home. Pro etc
Though have never checked if Windows S is an option as never needed it
Perfectly legal far as I know
They aren't supplying serials or cracks etc
You just select the download and convert options it downloads a small zip file put that in root of C drive in folder called uup for example must have no spaces in whatever you name it though
Extract and run and it does everything to download and build your iso and puts it in the folder you made

Back
Top Bottom