PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
Does anyone else have issues with Vampyr, I'm using a rtx 2080ti, set to 4k, the display works fine, but using controller or mouse the control is way out of sync when it comes to clicking options or moving.

I have tried dropping the resolution, makes no difference... I've read of others having similar issues but never found a fix.

Caporegime
OP
Does anyone else have issues with Vampyr, I'm using a rtx 2080ti, set to 4k, the display works fine, but using controller or mouse the control is way out of sync when it comes to clicking options or moving.

I have tried dropping the resolution, makes no difference... I've read of others having similar issues but never found a fix.

Yeah, I can’t remember what I did. I either played in 1080p or created a desktop shortcut to change the display scaling properties.

Soldato
It was just random crashed but now im stuck..... I'm in monarch everything i try to enter my ship the game closes...... :(

Soldato
Excellent! Been wanting to give that a go!

I think my days of buying games might be over TBH. Why bother when they end up on Game Pass, Origin Access or Humble Choice?

Off the top of my head, the only upcoming games I'd be in enough of a rush to pay for are Cyberpunk, TW: Warhammer 3, Assassin's Creed and maybe Mount & Blade

Last edited:
Soldato
Excellent! Been wanting to give that a go!

I think my days of buying games might be over TBH. Why bother when they end up on Game Pass, Origin Access or Humble Choice?

Off the top of my head, the only upcoming games I'd be in enough of a rush to pay for are Cyberpunk, TW: Warhammer 3, Assassin's Creed and maybe Mount & Blade

If you have Origin access then Frostpunk is already on there

Soldato

I had that problem at 4k, but it was fine running in ultrawide 3440 x 1400 and 2560x1440 - it was a bit annoying but not a game breaker.

Soldato
I've decided to cancel my subscription on this.

It has been phenomenal value for the past two or three months, and I've tried out a ton of games I've been curious about for a while for very little outlay.

There's not a lot on there I'm massively interested in now, though. Some things I wouldn't mind trying out, maybe, but the real killer for me is the Windows Store gamefile system.

I wanted to uninstall a couple of games I've been playing to make space for new ones, but also wanted to back up my saves with the idea I might go back to them at some point. But for both there is no way to even identify where the saves are, as they're somewhere in the obfuscated file structure MS uses for its Game Pass and Store games. So I have to either finish them now and be done with them, or just kiss my progress goodbye. This is too annoying, and it has put me off trying any games I might want to play over the longer term.

There's really no excuse for locking users out of the gamefiles like this. Not only does it make modding difficult, or even something like editing ini files often impossible, but I hate not being able to have control of my own saves.

Also, the wonky download speeds @Cully mentioned above are indeed a bit pants. Every other game client gives me a solid 37MB/s. With Game Pass it's a constant second-by-second fluctuation... 5MB/s...3... 7... 15... 8... 25 (woohoo!)... 3 (dammit!)...

I might be tempted back if they get some super new games join the Pass, but for now this is a deal-breaker for my current sub. Hopefully they fix a few things like this during the course of the beta.

Soldato
Yeah thats the reason I also didnt bother after the $1 deal. Its like a rogue piece of software that installs and tries to hide things in your PC. Plus no mods, reshade, fps cappers, steam controller etc.

Soldato
I can't see the sense in it. Why would they distinguish themselves by being the only game client system that does this? They must know it's going to turn off a section of the PC gaming audience.

Especially given how many issues there have been with cloud saves with some of their games, taking away the ability of customers to manage their own save files seems a bit dunderheaded. (Plus all the other issues you mention, which I've not gone into yet, but which it's not good to see locked down)

Kind of surprised I haven't seen a bigger backlash against this. Perhaps those of us who care about this kind of thing are in a smaller minority than I'd have expected...

Caporegime
OP
How long has it been going now? I've never paid more than £1 a month yet so happy to keep subbing whilst it's that price. I was only thinking about cloud saves this afternoon wondering where the heck my Subnautica saves are kept. I did find them with some googling. Some games save to AppData in some folders underneath.

Back
Top Bottom