The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
Is fallout 4 worth playing if i enjoyed this?

Fallout is a fair bit different but extremely great fun. Much more of a meaty game, but less focus on the story compared to Outer worlds, can largely do what you want, go wherever you want etc. Does feel a bit dated out the box FO4 and for me at least, vanilla combat in the Outerworld is more fun.

Still, if you did enjoy this, would expect you will enjoy FO4, plenty of people who do not like this one also like FO4. Much much more content and things to do in FO4.

Associate
Same here, thought id try it with game pass.
About 2.5 hours in i had maybe 6 mins of combat.
The rest was run here talk to this npc etc.
Im not one for story driven games ,its a shame because the combat is very good and the artistic style of the world is excellent.
For those into story based RPG and a wall of text/voice acting i imagine its a great game.

Soldato
Nice looking game, love the environments, it's a game I enjoy just walking around, more interesting than RDR 2. Surprised how well it runs, supposed to only be getting 30-40fps at 4k ultra but I'm getting more I think, seems nice and smooth to me!

Caporegime
Is fallout 4 worth playing if i enjoyed this?

Fallout is a fair bit different but extremely great fun. Much more of a meaty game, but less focus on the story compared to Outer worlds, can largely do what you want, go wherever you want etc. Does feel a bit dated out the box FO4 and for me at least, vanilla combat in the Outerworld is more fun.

Still, if you did enjoy this, would expect you will enjoy FO4, plenty of people who do not like this one also like FO4. Much much more content and things to do in FO4.

For what it's worth, Fallout 4 is one of my all-time favourite games. It's epic. I couldn't, however, get on with Outer Worlds at all.

That might just be because the post-apocalyptic world appeals more than sci-fi to me.

Associate
So, I gave this a go following 100% completion of fallen order. It didn't really grip me at first but, I'm really enjoying it now. I struggled at first having enough ammo but, think I have solved that now.

Soldato
Ammo isn't a problem in the late game really.

The end game is a blast fest though and you'll go through loads of it.. So stock up before hand. once you go to the last planet /level you can't go back so as long as you don't waste it you'll be fine.
Spend any extra cash on more of your favorite ammo etc.

I really enjoyed the game, presonaly I'd rather there were more levels /planets.

Last edited:
Soldato
For what it's worth, Fallout 4 is one of my all-time favourite games. It's epic. I couldn't, however, get on with Outer Worlds at all.

That might just be because the post-apocalyptic world appeals more than sci-fi to me.
since the COVID-19 outbreak i been sitting at home smashing through fallout 4. absolutely stunning game

Whats the max level?

Soldato
since the COVID-19 outbreak i been sitting at home smashing through fallout 4. absolutely stunning game

Whats the max level?

there is no level cap as the game does not finish and can keep earning XP just killing stuff. People have got level 100+ and getting all the perks, but that is talking about loadddds of hours. The unofficial cap is apparently level 65k or something as the game will crash at that point, but that’s pretty much unobtainable outside of mods of course.

Associate
Just started this a couple of days ago but it is crashing a lot! Its as if my monitor just dies (can still hear the game sound) so cannot even ctrl-alt-delete out of the game. I have to completely restart the computer to get any picture back.

I have a Red Devil 5700xt with the most up to date drivers and 3700x processor with 32gb of ram and a Dell S2719DGF monitor (running at 155mhz (overclocked))

Any one had any issue similar?

Cheers

Soldato
Just started this a couple of days ago but it is crashing a lot! Its as if my monitor just dies (can still hear the game sound) so cannot even ctrl-alt-delete out of the game. I have to completely restart the computer to get any picture back.

I have a Red Devil 5700xt with the most up to date drivers and 3700x processor with 32gb of ram and a Dell S2719DGF monitor (running at 155mhz (overclocked))

Any one had any issue similar?

Cheers
Don't have the game but having read the AMD drivers thread, seems the 2020 drivers still have some toothache, so would suggest you download the last 2019 driver.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 Highlights

And hopefully those drivers will work better for you.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Friend at work told me this was an 8 hour game.

Think he must be wrong as so far I’ve put about 24 hours into it and I’m nowhere near the end.

Makes a change to have some decent dialogue in game.

Back
Top Bottom