Some interesting/horrific facts about the Nazi party to impress my Father over dinner?

Soldato
I've been fascinated with hitler and the Nazi party over the last 2 years.. My Dad has been obsessed with them, all his life via documentries on TV and general knowledge.

My Dad's 75..... I'm 40

I'm not a reading book person, I wish I was!....

I love sharing knowledge with him, over Hitler and the Nazis..... and from past posts on here, I know there is an extremely educated/knowledgeable members here to advise :)

I learnt about operation "paper clip" today about the USA taking on Nazis for their own gain after the war - apparently one Nazi was the head of Nasa??????!!!!!

This is the type of factual stuff I'm interested in.... Anything interesting regards the third Reich

Thanks so so much!!!!!..... Please tell me all your knowledge you have learned..... I will google and learn all facts

I will also gloat on this thread with red wine!

Thank you! X

Soldato
The Nazis formed a plan in 1939 to counterfeit the British pound to cause hyperinflation. Using a German concentration camp, they manufactured $132 million GBP, which is the equivalent of $6-7 billion modern-day pounds.

When coming to power in January 1933, the Nazi Party passed a comprehensive set of animal protection laws, with Hitler saying “In the new Reich, no more animal cruelty will be allowed”

The Leaning Tower of Pisa was once a Nazi observation post. The allies did not air strike it because of its beauty.

George Bush’s grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany and the family was later sued by Auschwitz survivors.

surely something like this though you would just hit google rather than outing yourself and your family as a bit err..........

Soldato
OP
The Nazis formed a plan in 1939 to counterfeit the British pound to cause hyperinflation. Using a German concentration camp, they manufactured $132 million GBP, which is the equivalent of $6-7 billion modern-day pounds.

When coming to power in January 1933, the Nazi Party passed a comprehensive set of animal protection laws, with Hitler saying “In the new Reich, no more animal cruelty will be allowed”

The Leaning Tower of Pisa was once a Nazi observation post. The allies did not air strike it because of its beauty.

George Bush’s grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany and the family was later sued by Auschwitz survivors.

surely something like this though you would just hit google rather than outing yourself and your family as a bit err..........

You spent time typing that hahaha sad life hey :)

Last edited:

Soldato
if your really interested in some of the more unusual events of ww2 and the nazi party read up about Hitlers plan to kidnap Pius the 12th - pope of the day or Himmlers baby factories.

or even better book you and your old man a nice weekend away at the Prora Solitaire https://www.prora-solitaire.de/ the website doesnt mention it but it was one of Hitlers major pre war developments

Caporegime
Is this true. Most of the soldiers of the Waffen-SS were not German?

As much as the French have a reputation for being cheese eating surrender monkeys apparently the last SS unit to surrender in Berlin was a French one.

Anyway, one random fact - various Nazi uniforms (SA, SS, Hitler Youth etc..) were made by Hugo Boss.

Soldato
You want to check out Nazi propaganda history, how they fooled the nation and political tactics they used......how they brainwashed the German people under the guise of nationalism.

Very interesting to read and more relevant to today than you might think.

Soldato
They discovered the Ark of the Covenant in 1936, but rather than study it in a controlled environment, they allowed a crazed French archeologist to open it. This resulted in the deaths of several high ranking Nazi officials, a member of the Gestapo and over a dozen troops. Thankfully, a man by the name of Jones was able to recover it. Its present location is unknown, but it is apparently being looked after by "top...men..."

Back
Top Bottom