The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
All I've managed to actually watch in the last month was Carole & Tuesday on netflix, hopefully I'll manage to actually start watching some next week (we've been having decorating done which should be finished Friday).

I have also been watching this recently with the wife, although only finished part 1 one so far.

Ertegan!!

Finally got round to watching an oldy too Mobile Suit Gundam 8th MS Team.
This one felt pretty predictable and I was a little dissapointed, but on the other side it was looking at the more normal characters in these wars and not the heroes with the rediculous OTT units.

Ending felt a bit meh. Not quite sure how I feel about it yet. Wouldnt exactly be a recommend but its not bad.

Edit: In update, and having given it a week or so, it was utterly forgettable overall, there were no REAL standout characters, so wouldn't recommend it. I remember more of Wing, which I saw ~15 years ago, than I do of 8th MS even though I watched so much more recently.

Could definitely do better in a Mecha anime.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spent a couple of hours trying to get my collection slightly more under control .... especially on the BD side where it wasn't under control at all ending in some duplication (in fact I found I had one thing three times (Gurren Lagann movies)).

To be honest at the moment I could fill another 6 shelf bookcase and still not have everything stored properly. Trouble is that I can't do that because i need to keep a double bed in the spare room.

Soldato
Just received the final MVM Christmas mystery bundle ...

Sagrada Reset
Scums Wish
And You Thought There is Never a Girl Online
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
I couldn't Become a Hero, so I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. Yusibu

hmmm .... I don't have the first two but do have the others already.

Commissario
OP
Just received the final MVM Christmas mystery bundle ...

Sagrada Reset
Scums Wish
And You Thought There is Never a Girl Online
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
I couldn't Become a Hero, so I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. Yusibu

hmmm .... I don't have the first two but do have the others already.
I forgot to post I received that set yesterday, pretty pleased with it as I'd only got "...girl online" so I'm quite happy with it.

I'm still waiting for the funi titles from ata. but at the moment given I've not managed to watch any of the stuff that has arrived in the last month I'm not too fussed:p

Commissario
OP
I'm probably going to have to do either that or buy some more DVD wallets/sleeves for a lot of mine at some point when I redecorate the room, hopefully later this year. I'm considering putting rails in some standard drawers spaced to take the sleeves from those "dj boxes", as it seems a good way to store a load of discs whilst allowing more to be added in just by adding additional sleeves and shuffling them a little. I'm loathe to get rid of a lot of my older DVD's that I've replaced with blu-rays, as in a lot of cases the licence has changed so the extras from the original releases may not be available on the new versions:(
I am starting to avoid buying collectors editions etc unless they really are favourite titles as it's so much harder to condense them.

I receive a couple of bit's I'd ordered from AOL in their new year's sale this morning (Fruits basket set 1 and Sword Oratoria on the side).

Soldato
Holy **** .... remember way, way back in September 2017 the Rightstuf A__a kickstarter campain which kinda snowballed ...

... well just had a shipping confirmation finally for everything (other than the Guidebook which is still getting sign off and will be shipping separately). 2.5kg of A__a goodness including everything on BD and mountain of physical extras ...

A__a The Natural Set 1 Blu-Ray
A__a Arietta/Origination/Avvenire Blu-Ray
A__a Kickstarter Himeya Company Logo Patch
A__a Kickstarter Orange Planet Logo Patch
A__a Kickstarter A__a Numbered Lithograph
A__a Kickstarter Mug
A__a Kickstarter Mascot Magnet Set
A__a The Natural Set 2 Blu-ray
A__a The Animation Blu-Ray
A__a Kickstarter A__a Company Logo Patch
A__a Kickstarter Complete Series Chipboard Box
A__a Kickstarter Triple Backer Bonus Button Set
A__a Kickstarter A__a Sticker Set
A__a Kickstarter Art Card Set
A__a Kickstarter President A__a Stationery

With stuff I've replaced with BDs ... if its just a normal release then I'll probably pass it on. If its a collectors edition then its getting kept even if the difference is the older version comes in a large colourful artbox (compare for instance the art box and singles for Angelic Layer compared with the newer BD collection ... the older set is a lot nicer graphically). Then you have series where the original set had some "history" like Kanon.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
That A__a kickstarter looked great, and that is a ton of extras.
I need to put one of my A__a ltho's up again (I took it down due to lack of space and having another one), I'm hoping that ATA or MVM will release the blu-rays over here, even if just as a simple disc only release as I'd love to have them in high def (especially with a decent English dub*).
I think I've said before, the only reason I didn't back it at the time was because I don't want to muck around with multi region blu-ray players:( (I've already got hundreds of R1 DVD's I'm a little worried about playing in the future).

I just got an SMS from ATA and got a bit excited about a shipment being on it's way, it turns out it's just the Lupin collection, not the huge Funi order:p (I think I ended up ordering ~15 funi titles).

*That would make it perfect, as A__a is one of those series that you just sit back and utterly relax in it's Valium like calm.

Soldato
Yeah, I think I ended up with 3 or 4 orders for the Funi stuff (none of which have shipped at all) ...
edit: 7 items across 3 orders

I think I'm ok on multi-region for now ... there's 3 multiregion BD players in the house and 3 older multi-region DVD players ...

edit:
A__a comes under the iyashikei type, i.e. a "healing" anime. "Works of this kind often involve alternative realities with little to no conflict, emphasizing nature, the mundane and the little delights in life". Its great a times to watch a series which doesn't involve action sequences or heavy levels of emotion. I still have the artbooks by the original manga author as well as a couple versions of the manga and maybe some canvas prints which I had made up which look great. Even with the kickstart it still isn't the series I've spent the most in total on though ... Clannad/Clannad After Story still holds that crown.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I'm slightly jealous :p

On a different note, my first ATA Funi order shipped yesterday, so hopefully it'll arrive today :D
I've also been sorting my orders from December out, so far the mystery boxes and a handful of other items that have arrived have nearly filled an 18L really useful box :eek:

Soldato
I think I'm down to waiting for 1 Funi BD from ATA (plus things which were pre-orders of course) ... had three yesterday and three today. The other one was ordered a lot later so I'm not surprised its still outstanding as it'd be well down the list to be shipped out.

Commissario
OP
I think I'm still waiting on Lucky Stars (ordered day 5?) and some that were ordered pretty much at the end of the clearance sale.

I've been watching Wolf's Rain and really enjoying it again, so many details I'd forgotten as it's been years since i watched it (I've been putting it off for 5+ years waiting to get the blu-rays).

Back
Top Bottom