Harry and Meghan to resign

Soldato
Calm down, you're far too easily triggered. My response to you was a tongue in cheek reference to the Daily Mail type scrutiny she receives regarding what she looks like. Is that what she did to "provoke rage from the public"?

If not, then what has she done to provoke rage? It's a reasonable question, considering that you made the statement. And try to reply without insults, it's really unnecessary.

You’re dramatising things, peoples frustrations isn’t because of someone’s physical appearance. There are lots of valid criticisms (some not so) of them which a majority of people share. If you want to ignore all that and talk them up great, good for you but if you can’t accept criticism for ignoring it then don’t post. I’m not hurling insults at you, I’m criticising your strange posting behaviour which I can only assume is because you’re upset people disagree with you.

Caporegime
One report (and you will never have an exact figure) estimated that the Royal Family contributed £1.8 billion (gross) to the UK economy, £550 million of that was direct tourism.

This is often mostly subjective stuff though - like did the attribute portions of that to people visiting royal palaces etc...?

Soldato
Maybe it will make it in to a Southpark episode. The king of Canada.

But yea, I didnt consider her mixed race. She looks entirely like a white person. Not sure where the whole "racism" thing comes from.

Soldato
OP
You’re dramatising things, peoples frustrations isn’t because of someone’s physical appearance. There are lots of valid criticisms (some not so) of them which a majority of people share. If you want to ignore all that and talk them up great, good for you but if you can’t accept criticism for ignoring it then don’t post. I’m not hurling insults at you, I’m criticising your strange posting behaviour which I can only assume is because you’re upset people disagree with you.

So you're swerving the question then? Nothing specific you can offer?

Caporegime
Lol, I was going to make a joke yesterday that their new charity would probably be something like the Greta Thunberg Foundation but even I thought that was too ridiculous. Eco charity? lol The only thing that could annoy the public more at this point is if they appoint Greta as their charities chairman.

Man of Honour
It's hilarious that people feel they could predict their marriage wouldn't last. It might not because over time lots don't and they live in a place where every action is scrutinised by the press.

That seems like a contradiction? If lots don't (which of course is correct, lots don't) then why would it be hilarious that people feel they could predict their marriage wouldn't last? Surely as lots don't then it wouldn't be in any way unusual for people to predict their marriage wouldn't last and thus not be hilarious or an unexpected prediction in the slightest.

I'm one who predicted (as per my earlier post) that their marriage wont last and I stand by that. Not because of any malice but just because of a gut feeling that whilst I foresee William and Kates marriage lasting I just don't get the same instinctive feeling from Harry and Meghans. I simply feel that there is too much stacked against them for them to last, some of that down to their own creation as individuals, some of that down to their own creation as a couple and some of that down to public/media creation.

Associate
People come here to what look at Buckingham palace from 600 yards away?

I don't believe that for one second.

Maybe a few nutters do. But I don't know a single person who has come here from abroad to visit the royals specifically. Its been an add on as something to do since it was local. Rather than the main reason for coming.

It's purely made up based on the number of people who happen to walk past Buckingham Palace as part of a much bigger trip.

How many people turn up to a football stadium when a new signing or manager is announced, etc?

So people turning up to royal weddings or when a baby is born is nothing special either.

Look at Iran apparently millions turned up for that generals funeral.

Do you think anybody visited Iran specifically to go see him other than business or family?

It's a joke how much faith is put into the fact people come specifically because we have a royal family.

So does Spain. I've never visited Spain to see them. As does many other countries too.

The royals have quite frankly outlived their use to the country. We have a parliament now.

I don't believe for one second that you believe that all of those people lining the streets for Kate and William's wedding 'just happened to be there' :D

Associate
Prince Andrew is treated better by the press than Meghan, and he was sleeping with enslaved children.

How are you reaching that conclusion? Prince Andrew has received plenty of bad press over whatever it is he's done (as far as I'm aware there's no hard evidence of abuse, just a very questionable friendship with a known sex offender). Meghan basically lost the plot because she was under the media spotlight, which goes with the territory both of being an actress in a popular TV show and also marrying a British Prince.

Permabanned
How are you reaching that conclusion? Prince Andrew has received plenty of bad press over whatever it is he's done (as far as I'm aware there's no hard evidence of abuse, just a very questionable friendship with a known sex offender). Meghan basically lost the plot because she was under the media spotlight, which goes with the territory both of being an actress in a popular TV show and also marrying a British Prince.

At what point has she "lost the plot"?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Genuinely can't get my head around how some people manage to not realise she is mixed race, it's incredibly obvious even with the cosmetic surgery she's had. Very odd.
Indeed, she looks totally mixed race and i struggle to understand how anybody could not see that she has a black parent. Mentioned this above.

Not totally sure why we are even mentioning this though, as if it has anything to do with this decision :p

Back
Top Bottom