* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Hehe this pretty much nails the Nightwish argument.

Foor - better adaptability to the song and nails the live shows now the she's adapted the songs.
Tarja - sat classical and not as good live
... errr what was here name?

Associate
Hehe this pretty much nails the Nightwish argument.

Foor - better adaptability to the song and nails the live shows now the she's adapted the songs.
Tarja - sat classical and not as good live
... errr what was here name?

Tarja is a great singer, but she is in my opinion quite boring on stage. Floor got an amazing range and is very versatile and she have a stage presence far beyond Tarja and Annette. I remember when I saw the Ghost Love Score video from Buenoes Aires I was blown away, its such an amazing performance.

Soldato
I'm not a huge Nightwish fan but Floor is my favourite of the vocalists they've had, and her versatility actually fits the band better than Tara, who was better at that particular style of singing, but obviously that came at the expense of others.

I greatly appreciate the talent and work she's put into her voice - she can sing anything and make it look easy - as evidenced by her appearance recently on a Dutch reality TV show (with a great concept*) where she sung a bunch of different genres confidently, left her co-stars in awe and inadvertently made herself finally famous in her home country as by and large the public had no idea who she was up till then.

*It was called Beste Zangers (best singers). Basically, a bunch of Dutch singers from different genres spend a short time together in a resort in Ibiza. Each day a singer sits centre stage and the other people sing a song to them, either a cover of theirs or a song that holds some meaning to them from their life. There's no winners or losers, just artists appreciating artists and being challenged to get outside their comfort zone. On the last episodes they sung a bunch of duets and Floor did Phantom of the Opera with her childhood idol, fellow guest on the show, and actual Phantom of the Opera on stage back in the day, Henk Poort.

Unfortunately the only subtitled versions are fan-made and kept getting taken down from YouTube, but if you're a Floor fan and are interested then if you google Beste Zangers Denise Hofs there's a Discord where they're hosted and tbh it's much better watching the entire episode to the see the context behind the song choices and discussion than just the songs themselves.

Soldato
not usually a fan of deathcore but this is good
drummer is killing it

A Poe's Law band if ever there was one, in the same way Strapping Young Lad was; the band is a side-project for all 3 members (2 guys from here from a band called Black Tongue and Dickie Allen, an American vocalist who pops up here and there) and is taking the **** out of the genre, but it's done so well it's impossible to not take it seriously.

Associate
I've always, well since the late 90's been a fan of Tool and later on A Perfect Circle as well. However, after the unclimactic release of Fear Inoculum I started listening to Puscifer, which I think is absolutely superb!!

Soldato
Maybe you are the guys to help me, I'm looking for a metal song that was on a metal hammer or kerrang cd from back in the day, maybe 1996.
I wanted to find out for the fond memories it had for me and all I can remember is that it came with a demo of syndicate wars for pc on the cd rom , the song would autó play and loop while you played the game demo.
I think maybe it was pitch shifter but I can't be sure on that.
If any one older like myself can remember I would be eternally greatful!

Back
Top Bottom