US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Caporegime
At the time we all believed there were 20+ American casualties

Not even that, it wasn’t even a comment based on casualties but in reply to some comment about the Iranian airforce being involved. Problem is the other poster is either being a bit dim or more likely just deliberately conflating this in order to troll/waste time.

Soldato
I mean, there's every chance it was a legit accident and the plane simply experienced a catastrophic failure, without any warning.... But, I think the most likely explanation is a vast miscalculation and stupid mistake by Iranian air defence.

Whilst it might feel premature to side with the American view that it was shot down, like I said before - I imagine American forces had untold amounts of high end electronic warfare systems aimed at Iran, which would detect and likely identify anything being launched from anywhere.

I guess time will tell if the Americans will release any evidence, I imagine they probably will - because it *if* they have it, it will be damning.

Caporegime
Wow if this is true its not going to help Iran's case at all. I'm sure it was a mistake, there is nothing in it for them shooting down an airliner. The fact they have so far refused to hand over the black boxes does not look good either

That's not really worth mentioning I feel, as it's ultimately up to the country where the incident took place, Iran isn't going to admit it's not able to do the investigation, even if they didn't shoot it down.

Either way, Iran is never giving that Black Box up, it's probably been destroyed.

Edit: Trimmed some fat, it's actually normal for most countries to send BB's to more capable countries, but it's still their choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
At the time we all believed there were 20+ American casualties

Not even that, it wasn’t even a comment based on casualties but in reply to some comment about the Iranian airforce being involved. Problem is the other poster is either being a bit dim or more likely just deliberately conflating this in order to troll/waste time.

The problem is that you didn't wait until the facts were known, dowie, and got a little over excited. This is something you often do and when called out on it you resort to insulting people. You'll grow out of it eventually. ;)

Soldato
When has a country handed over black boxes to someone else? That's not really worth mentioning I feel.

Ukraine doesn't really count as it's currently in civil war.

Well Boeing make the plane so you would expect them to have access. This is from the BBC just now. "It is unclear who will carry out the special analysis required of that data. Only a handful of countries are said to have that capability, AFP reports."

Associate
Where did this initial 20+ american casualties report come from ? I was watching news coverage from various sources from the second the story broke and not once did i ever see a hint of US casualties, quite the opposite... CNN, Fox etc all made it clear from the beginning that they didn't think there had been any US casualties.

Soldato
The problem is that you didn't wait until the facts were known, dowie, and got a little over excited. This is something you often do and when called out on it you resort to insulting people. You'll grow out of it eventually. ;)
Why are you following him around in every thread? Seems a bit....weird and obsessive.

Caporegime
Where did this 20+ american casualties come from ? I was watching news coverage from numerous sources from the second the story broke and not once was there ever a hint of US casualties, quite the opposite.

Disinformation propaganda for Iranians, standard really, no point in any serious argument about it, it is what it is.

Caporegime

It was a comment made in reply to others in the thread... the problem here is that you've failed to grasp that, had it explained to you, carried on quoting me.. had it explained again and you carry on still.... you seem to have an issue with my posting style, you tend to throw in silly comments in other threads too.

You popped up in some other thread the other day making a bunch of sarcastic comments - honestly - what's up? Why are you following me around the forums spending your time doing this?

Caporegime
So I'm guessing Iran decided to stand down after their weak sauce missile strike because they screwed up by shooting down a passenger jet somehow by accident ?
Question to the military experts here:

Could (and would) the US be able to deliberately mess with Iran's IFF identification systems?

Or render their electronic systems inoperable/unreliable, potentially leading to a mistake such as this?

Rather than it just being a monumental ****-up (which it could have been).

Soldato
Question to the military experts here:

Could (and would) the US be able to deliberately mess with Iran's IFF identification systems?

Or render their electronic systems inoperable/unreliable, potentially leading to a mistake such as this?

Rather than it just being a monumental ****-up (which it could have been).

I would suspect Israel of that before I suspected the Yanks if the idea was to get them to shoot at an innocent aircraft.

Soldato
Supposedly it was shot down mistakenly by IRGC-operated SA-15 missiles, below is a photo circulating that is claimed to have been taken close to the crash site. Photo not 100% verified but UK Intelligence firm IHS Markit have assessed it to be credible.

qSJGb9E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom