8 PACK MEMORY DEALS & HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAVE A GREAT 2020 GUYS !!!

Ree

Ree

Associate
passed memtest with 1.40v with any luck that is me in the clear and i get no more blue screens.

Soldato
Lol samsung announce fabrication issues due to a power loss and ocuk jack the price up 30 quid on 3200 and 3600mhz for stock already held compared to the pre sale price

Lol supply and demand but damn thats a hike and especially gutted since i was going to pick some up for an upcoming build

Soldato
Lol samsung announce fabrication issues due to a power loss and ocuk jack the price up 30 quid on 3200 and 3600mhz for stock already held compared to the pre sale price

Lol supply and demand but damn thats a hike and especially gutted since i was going to pick some up for an upcoming build
Thats back to rrp. I expect it to go up again!

Ree

Ree

Associate
Picked up a kit of 3600 cl16 g.skill b-die recently, £258 for 2x16GB, think i got it at just the right time, especially with news of price hikes coming.

yeah that seems decent especially since its the 2x16gb leaves room to throw in the same again if you need it dunno if you encode etc. think over black friday/xmas there was the time to buy.

Associate
I got 2x16gb kits while it was on sale. It worked perfectly first time unlike the g.skill I had to return (from elsewhere) which did not make the advertised speed.

Associate
Hi all

Will this memory fit a gigabyte master x570 with a dark rock pro 4 with all fans attached Using all 4 slots.

Also why is the 32gb pack slower than the 16gb pack as the timings are slower with the 32gb pack. Would it not be better getting two 16gb packs as they have higher timings ?

What would be better 3200 c14 or 3600 c16 ?

Thanks

Ree

Ree

Associate
i've no idea what is going on i had another blue screen a couple of nights ago but have ran memtest on three separate occasions over the weekend and its passed every time on the xmp profile. it's looking like something else is causing it. i also have no idea why the first memtest failed but then passes three times..four if i include the 1.4v test.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
i've no idea what is going on i had another blue screen a couple of nights ago but have ran memtest on three separate occasions over the weekend and its passed every time on the xmp profile. it's looking like something else is causing it. i also have no idea why the first memtest failed but then passes three times..four if i include the 1.4v test.
I really do recommend you try the dram calculator 3733MHz safe settings. So far it works very well for me. I even lowered the voltage from the recommended 1.4v to 1.38v and it passes all the tests. Only test it needs to pass now is the test of time.

Remember to go manually change the infinity fabric speed also just to be sure.

Hi all

Will this memory fit a gigabyte master x570 with a dark rock pro 4 with all fans attached Using all 4 slots.

Also why is the 32gb pack slower than the 16gb pack as the timings are slower with the 32gb pack. Would it not be better getting two 16gb packs as they have higher timings ?

What would be better 3200 c14 or 3600 c16 ?

Thanks
There are two versions of this ram, one taller than the other. The shorter one should fit, not sure about the taller one.

32gb ones might be like that because running 4 sticks it is sometimes harder to achieve stability.

Both 3200 c14 and 3600 c16 are from the same batch of RAM, just different XMP settings from what I understand. That is why I went with the cheaper 3200 and manually changed it to 3733 c16 and run it like that at 1.38v.

Soldato

Have you updated to the latest bios as sometimes this offers ram stability improvements.

Also check to see if gear down mode is enabled as this helps with stability, if its already enabled another thing to try is raise trcdrd from 16 to 17.

Ree

Ree

Associate
yeah i'll give the calculator a go. one thing i have noticed in the calculator is the memory chip quality is 93% my crucial ballistix was 96% if i mind right. am on latest f11 bios for mobo. thanks for the input guys.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
yeah i'll give the calculator a go. one thing i have noticed in the calculator is the memory chip quality is 93% my crucial ballistix was 96% if i mind right. am on latest f11 bios for mobo. thanks for the input guys.
I would not pay much attention to that. But I could be wrong.

Ree

Ree

Associate
just found out about this whocrashed software and had a look and this is the culprit. looks like i need a new ssd for my os.

edit: just noticed the ssd is 5 years old on the 28th of this month so cant complain really its been a good servant. new ssd ordered.

ae5793cc3ccdf644885afed094637d88.png

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
just found out about this whocrashed software and had a look and this is the culprit. looks like i need a new ssd for my os.

edit: just noticed the ssd is 5 years old on the 28th of this month so cant complain really its been a good servant. new ssd ordered.

ae5793cc3ccdf644885afed094637d88.png

Not to be bearer of potential bad news but that could also still be a memory issue if the memory is on the edge and is corrupting data as it enters RAM, to rule the SSD out completely you should drop your memory speed to 2400MHz and use CAS timings of 15-15-15-28-2T with 1.35v and if you still get this error then it is almost definitely the SSD is dying.

Though an SSD that is 5yr newer is of course a good idea, much faster and yes of course lifespans are limited on SSD.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Not to be bearer of potential bad news but that could also still be a memory issue if the memory is on the edge and is corrupting data as it enters RAM, to rule the SSD out completely you should drop your memory speed to 2400MHz and use CAS timings of 15-15-15-28-2T with 1.35v and if you still get this error then it is almost definitely the SSD is dying.

Though an SSD that is 5yr newer is of course a good idea, much faster and yes of course lifespans are limited on SSD.

i'll give that a go cheers. i was gonna replace that ssd at some point anyway so its no biggie really.

Ree

Ree

Associate

did what you said with the ram and this just happened again while i was watching a movie. new ssd arrives tomorrow and hopefully will fix it.

dd1cc429e1bddef90bd6ab0c748a9847.png

Back
Top Bottom