US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Associate
Cant really see what they would get out of shooting that plane down, yeah one filled with yanks fine... but this one?
Dodgy plan shooting it down to promote regime change as well, so many things could go wrong with that and if they do then they are really up a creak without a paddle.
Well obviously like flight MH17 in Ukraine that was shot down whomever was operating the SAM made a mistake.

Caporegime
It makes sense now why Iran's retaliation was so muted.

I know the plane crash came after the attack on the US air bases in Iraq, but Iran must have realised that one of their soldiers shot that plane down by accident and then called off further strikes anywhere else.

Associate
It makes sense now why Iran's retaliation was so muted.

I know the plane crash came after the attack on the US air bases in Iraq, but Iran must have realised that one of their soldiers shot that plane down by accident and then called off further strikes anywhere else.

Hmm not convinced, general consensus seems to be they purposely missed areas where US forces were stationed. They also released their statement to the public about how they want de-escalation before the plane had crashed didn't they ?

Associate
Hmm i suspect that while Iran really did want to be careful they didnt actually harm any Americans in these strikes (lol) i do think the loss of this plane will have wind back there rhetoric big style.

Soldato
Eyewitnesses, including the crew of another passing flight, described seeing the plane engulfed in flames before crashing, the report said.

I found that bold bit interesting, it shows that there was at least another plane in the air at the time, yet only one of them got shot at? makes the shooting down look intentional.

Iran is claiming they killed 80 americans, would they count brits germans in an american kill count
63 Canadians
11 Swedish
3 UK
3 German

oh these guys were also onboard and got killed
82 Iranians
11 Ukrainians

Associate
I found that bold bit interesting, it shows that there was at least another plane in the air at the time, yet only one of them got shot at? makes the shooting down look intentional.

Iran is claiming they killed 80 americans, would they count brits germans in an american kill count
63 Canadians
11 Swedish
3 UK
3 German

Iranian state TV's claim was that they killed 80 americans in the missile strikes, not the plane crash/attack.

Man of Honour

63 Canadians
11 Swedish
3 UK
3 German

oh these guys were also onboard and got killed
82 Iranians
11 Ukrainians

There was at least 5 aircraft plus either a helicopter or drone airborne within a few KMs of the airline. It is likely if it was shot down it was accidental unless by a rogue 3rd party who was trying to cause trouble.

Associate
Maybe they are scared of shooting at the wests military directly so have decided to take a pop at a soft target like an airliner.
After all a jumbo jet normally wont shoot back.

Associate
Well its a very high risk way to go about things.
If they are found out to be killing civilians, especially those from other countries, to get there revenge then i would suspect the world would and should rightly come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Back
Top Bottom