The Ncase M1 thread

Soldato
bPxwq3Ch.jpg

6ztCtDKh.jpg

It arrived!, i've actually ordered another 2080 super, pretty sure i'll have to remove the shroud on it to be able to use 25mm fans under it.

I'll get some pics during the daylight tomorrow when i'm having a play about with it.

Soldato
T5Jwq70.jpg
ShjRuyZ.jpg

No fans, no GPU, no PSU cables. No mess. :D

First impressions are very good, will be toying about with potential cooling configurations before I finalise the build in it. Looked into the idea of getting custom cables for it but the prices I looked at were eye-watering.

Soldato
Cables have been pricey in the past that i've bought but try DreambigByRay on etsy for a quote, it might be cheaper than you think.

I'll probably get some unsleeved Black ones.

I've taken the front IO out of mine for a cleaner look, going to get started now on building.

Soldato
Cables have been pricey in the past that i've bought but try DreambigByRay on etsy for a quote, it might be cheaper than you think.

Brilliant, thanks for the recommendation. Had looked at pslate but the cost of one 24-pin cable is now comfortably more expensive than a whole set by him was a year ago... suppose that's supply and demand.

Very tempted to remove my front IO as well.

Looking forward to seeing the build. :)

Associate
Only issues I had with my M1 was the front io interfered with my bottom rad and the black paint on the frame was terrible and very easy to scratches.

Nice little cases though, can build some really powerful setup in them. I went with a Swiftech Apogee Drive II for mine with dual 240mm rads, wasn't too bad but the pump/block combo could be a bit whiny.

Soldato
I scratched mine up a bit also, pretty easy to do.

So i returned the 2080 super three slot card for a refund and fitted the stock cooler back on my 1080ti but the fan no longer works, going to take the cooler off once more and check the fan cable for damage then do an advanced rma with EVGA.

Wonder what card i will end up with since the 1080ti are EOL.

Soldato
It did for me when i was trying to put in the massive 2080 super three slot card, using a normal sized card i could have been more careful.

It was only on the inside, just a little annoying.

Soldato
Tatq6clh.jpg

pfOpfDKh.jpg

Up and running, i've bought a lamptron HM070 external display to sit on the desk and show temps etc now i've got so much more desk space.

Need to get gaming tonight to test temps and noise but i think i'll be good.

Soldato
Looks good, let us know how you get on with the gaming temps.

I've decided on the cooling solution for mine. Going to piggy-back on some very good research performed by M1AF on the SFFPC subReddit and go with a 92mm Chromax rear intake. Alongside that, a 120mm Chromax under the C14S and 2x120mm (15mm) Chromax fans on the side, all pushing air towards the side panel.

I'm iGPU-bound for a while (£) but will probably end up going for an open fan GPU and 2 x 120mm Chromax fans as exhausts on the floor of the case. Having measured it up, could also potentially add another 92mm Chromax slim under the PSU position as an intake but would probably be overkill and be mostly blocked by PSU cables anyway.

Was tempting to put the PSU to the front of the case and go with a full 140mm fan under the C14S as it is intended to have but you lose the front-most fan support on the side panel bracket if you go with that orientation. Long-term plan would be to replace the 120mm under the C14S with a 140mm Chromax (15mm) when/if it comes to market.

In terms of scratch-ability, I can't say I noticed anything particularly bad although if you look at a few people's pictures of the screw holes that go into the rear of the case (to support the side fan bracket), they do tend to be quite badly worn after a bit of use.

Last edited:
Soldato
(Pre)Ordered an M1 in silver this evening. I had been planning on going smaller with the Dan A4, but the staggering versatility of the M1 won out in the end. They say dispatch should be mid-February, which suits me - I've some time off at the start of April, so the case and the rest of my parts should have arrived by then.

Back
Top Bottom