64GB RAM setup for Aorus Master

Associate
Hello Forum, First post, so be gentle!! I am going to get a Gigabyte Aorus Master and I need 64GB RAM for the work I do at home. Yes, I do need 64GB for the VMs that I run. I have hit an absolute memory minefield and I would appreciate some steer in the right direction. I would like low profile modules if I can and I believe that 4x16GB modules would be cheaper that 2x32GB. For this reason I like the Corsair LPX Vengeance series The problem I am having is the following:

1. The QVL for 16GB Corsair modules on the Gigabyte QVL states that the CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) is on the list. However, when I look at the specs on the Corsair site it states compatible with Intel. Surely, RAM is RAM or is it just the XMP profiles that are guaranteed to work with Intel? So my first question is would this RAM be the first choice?

2. I see that there is AMD "optimized" RAM Corsair SKU CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16, This seems the obvious choice as it is tuned for AMD. On the Corsair website it states that it is X570 supported. It ticks all the boxes, but its not on the QVL. Doubt sinks in.....
Ideally, I think these would do the trick: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-vengeance-lpx-64gb-2x32gb-ddr4-pc4-28800c18-3600mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-4cf-cs.html

3. Are there an other vendors that would do the same? Requirements are pricing of around £300, and personally I would like 2x32GB sticks instead of 4x16GB (but 4x is ok at a push), but I do not know if any are in budget?? I do not overclock, but want a system stable ie it could run memtest86 all day long and pass. I have not got time to mess around with the setups like I could in my younger days- I just want to purchase something at Overclockers that can put in and it just works 100% compatible.

Turned into a long thread- sorry!! And a Happy New Year

xmal

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, you posted this on 3rd of Jan, no one has responded so i'll try and help.

I'm an Intel person, so I can't recommend anything for AMD, however since your running VM's i'll give you my thoughts.

1) With VM's you want the best stability you can.

2) The general rule is the faster you go on memory, the more issues with RAM you encounter. This is not always the case however, as some people run very fast memory, and still have solid stable systems.

3) You should be looking at memory that's approved on the motherboard list.

4) You will struggle to get 32GB DIMM's most are 16GB.

I personally like Kingston Fury, it's reasonably priced and it's very reliable. Apparently however Kingston does not play well with AMD.

Not sure how much that's helped, but takeaways are favour stability over speed, and choose memory on the Gigabyte compatibility list.

Associate
OP
Hi, you posted this on 3rd of Jan, no one has responded so i'll try and help.

I'm an Intel person, so I can't recommend anything for AMD, however since your running VM's i'll give you my thoughts.

1) With VM's you want the best stability you can.

2) The general rule is the faster you go on memory, the more issues with RAM you encounter.

3) You should be looking at memory that's approved on the motherboard list.

4) You will struggle to get 32GB DIMM's most are 16GB.

I personally like Kingston Fury, it's reasonably priced and it's very reliable. Apparently however Kingston does not play well with AMD.

Not sure how much that's helped, but takeaways are favour stability over speed, and choose memory on the Gigabyte compatibility list.

Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 above for that exact reason- it is on the QVL list. Just waiting for my GPU to be delivered tomorrow and the my build is ready to power cycle on for the first time. I will let you know how it goes.

Soldato
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 above for that exact reason- it is on the QVL list. Just waiting for my GPU to be delivered tomorrow and the my build is ready to power cycle on for the first time. I will let you know how it goes.

When installing the memory, hold the memory on the side edges / heat sink only, don't touch the gold contacts, there is ESD risk and also grease from hands can contaminate the contacts. You would be surprised how many issues are from dirt/contamination on DIMM contacts/slots, but it's not often talked about.

Back
Top Bottom