What is wrong with people?

Soldato
(ask your dentists to look at your teeth and explain what each type does)

You might be surprised to find out that human canines are primarily for fighting with.

Go look at a gorilla's mahoosive canines, they are primarily vegetarian!

The best way to know what a creature should be mainly eating is to look at their gut. At the extremes, a long gut means a creature is a herbivore, if they have a short gut they are a meat eater.

A long gut is needed to get all the nutrients from the plant matter, and a short gut is needed so possibly infected meat does not stick around for too long.

A humans gut is not quite long enough to be considered an exclusive herbivore, but it is long enough to survive on mainly plants, and definitely a long gut, not a short gut. It is too long to be eating mainly meat (raw ofc) but can obviously digest things like raw insects and the like (along with cooked meat etc)

Anyway, tl:dr the human gut is made for mainly plant matter with the occasional animal matter, with canines being made for fighting with.

Last edited:
Permabanned
We could eat more raw meat when we had larger appendix, since we cook now it has shrunk to the size we do not really need it.

Canines = Ripping into meat like big chicken thigh you can pick up and hold.

Incisors = Cut through meat/roots/vegs etc.

Molars = Mash up meat/veg/nuts basically anything once it is back there.

Seriously doubt once we became more human than apes we bit others as primary defence as out jaws do not protrude so it would be hard to get your mouth round a limb to bite it.

Fighting became primary about our fists (some even claim they are evolved primarily for fighting but i do not buy that).

Caporegime
We could eat more raw meat when we had larger appendix, since we cook now it has shrunk to the size we do not really need it.

Canines = Ripping into meat like big chicken thigh you can pick up and hold.

Incisors = Cut through meat/roots/vegs etc.

Molars = Mash up meat/veg/nuts basically anything once it is back there.

Seriously doubt once we became more human than apes we bit others as primary defence as out jaws do not protrude so it would be hard to get your mouth round a limb to bite it.

Fighting became primary about our fists (some even claim they are evolved primarily for fighting but i do not buy that).
I hate my upper incisors. They’re ridiculously large and sharp. I’ve woken up so many times with blood on my face and pillow where I’ve lightly bit my lip or tongue in the night and split it open.

Permabanned
Are you sure you mean your incisors?

The Vamp fangs are Canines sometimes called eye teeth when you are a child (the front top 4 and bottom 4 teeth are incisors, some get them mixed up, think of scissors for cutting), they are flat like a normal screwdriver blade.

Soldato
Hmmm. I thought it was herbivores who had a full on appendix for the digestion of cellulose, with carnivores having a totally defunct appendix, and humans being a bit of a oddity in the middle as we don't need to digest cellulose but use the appendix for bioflora storage.

I don't think human teeth are very good at ripping raw meat, compared to actual carnivores.

I do believe that fists evolved to be better at fighting with, but only as an alongside thing. Then tools quickly became the best thing to fight with.

We deffo do not have a carnivore gut, it's a mainly a veg gut, before we started cooking/preparing meat I think we left the muscles out, going for the brain and soft organs more than anything else.

Caporegime
Are you sure you mean your incisors?

The Vamp fangs are Canines sometimes called eye teeth when you are a child (the front top 4 and bottom 4 teeth are incisors, some get them mixed up, think of scissors for cutting), they are flat like a normal screwdriver blade.

Yeah, deffo my incisors. The edge of mine are like a samurai blade. Bloody enormous too. I could eat an apple through a letterbox.

Caporegime
Hmmm. I thought it was herbivores who had a full on appendix for the digestion of cellulose, with carnivores having a totally defunct appendix, and humans being a bit of a oddity in the middle as we don't need to digest cellulose but use the appendix for bioflora storage.

I don't think human teeth are very good at ripping raw meat, compared to actual carnivores.

I do believe that fists evolved to be better at fighting with, but only as an alongside thing. Then tools quickly became the best thing to fight with.

We deffo do not have a carnivore gut, it's a mainly a veg gut, before we started cooking/preparing meat I think we left the muscles out, going for the brain and soft organs more than anything else.
That last sentence has put me off my tea!

Soldato
The same thing you should do to scumbags who attack other people for no reason...prison.
i do find it strange that people seem to care more about dogs being attacked than humans though.
Why do you find it strange? I certainly care more about my dog than other people outside my immediate family circle.

Soldato
This is obviously a terrible vile thing to do, but I also extend this statement to meat eaters, how can they have empathy or is a cow not living or a pig feel no stress or pain
People don't tie a rock to sheep, pigs and cows and drown them for their meat.

One of the worst comparisons i have ever seen.

Soldato
Why do you find it strange? I certainly care more about my dog than other people outside my immediate family circle.
I'd throw my rabbit in a blender to save a stranger's child. Because I'm not a psychopath. If that paragraph isn't some sort of oxymoron :D

Edit:

Also, the real comparison here is a stranger's dog rather than your own one.

Caporegime
People don't tie a rock to sheep, pigs and cows and drown them for their meat.

One of the worst comparisons i have ever seen.

Its vegan logic - no room for nuance... anyone who eats meat can't comment on anything animal cruelty related without supposedly being a hypocrite.

Soldato
I'm against Halal slaughter as there's just no need for it.
Real halal slaughter evolved in ways that meant the quickest, most painless death for the animal. The animal was not even allowed to see the blade. The artery cut was only meant for animals with "split hooves that chew their cud" and we now know that these types of animals have an artery that leads straight to the brain (not the heart) which means instant unconciousness. Just saying, not arguing.

Edit: The sikh way of doing it doesnt sound too bad either... (single blow beheading)

Double edit: Much better than tying a rock to an animal and throwing them into water to drown anyway.

Back
Top Bottom