*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
The little 'un has had his since launch, and it's fine, we are talking 8 years old when he got it. Screen protectors are over rated, unless you are clumsy or just down right cack handed.

Soldato
Where did you buy from?

Amazon. They initially stated that stock would come in on the 22nd Jan but they revised it straight away after I placed it and changed it to Sat/Sun this week. It was a bit more than it should be at £79.99 but everywhere I've looked the price is inflated due to the worldwide stock issues.

Man of Honour
Is there an alternative to screen protectors as i bought orzly screen protectors and messed up both of them with not having a steady hand, so their both gone in the bin snapped in half and i wasted £7. The first attempt was quite good but i could tell i had it on there as i couldnt quite line it up at the bottom. I wont be taking the console out of the house, so its just to protect it from taking it out of the dock, which apparenty used to be a proble. I seem to recall somones partner on here used to make fabric clothes that you would put over your dock to protect your switch when taking it out.

If you want to align it correctly then you can try taping one of the edges to the switch before peeling off the backing.

You can 3D print a dock that won't scratch the screen and transfer the electronics to it.

Associate
Have a look around for Dock covers, you can get just a plain black one or a designed one. Amazon sell them as do places like Wish or Etsy.

You can also DIY with just a piece of fabric or something else soft on the inside of the Dock. I've seen people use those sticky soft pads that go on the bottom of furniture, just stuck on the inside where you can get scratches.

Soldato
I don't think it's about 4k60 or features that you put in the 'gamer' catergory, it's about premium materials, Mag Alloy body, better and more robust controllers, a more premium screen with HDR support (maybe). There is a market place, that market is the people who grew up with Nintendo, and are now adults with income to waste on stupid overpriced phones, and other nonsense they are happy to part their hard earned cash for.

I think if the story of the Nintendo Switch has shown anything so far it is that adults are just as taken with it as kids, and we all know who controls the income and expenditure.

I like what you're pitching, I'd buy that Switch.

But look at the 3DS, that was hugely popular (eventually) with adults too. The screen was awful and never improved, and what did we get later in the life of the console? A slightly better spec with the new 3DS and the 2DS which had the worst build quality I've ever felt on a Nintendo device in 30 years.

I agree there is a market for a premium version, the question is does Nintendo see it?

Soldato
Iwata himself likened Nintendo that that of a toymaker than a tech giant, can you really argue with that?
Well (a) he died before the Switch was launched, and (b) I don't understand why you appear to consider manufacturing toys and manufacturing high end desirable products to be mutually exclusive

Soldato
So think as soon as Amazon have them in stock in going to push the button.
Anything I should be getting with it?

Have my eyes on a third party pro controller about £23 on Amazon.

First games are probably going to be Mario Odyssey and Ring Fit Adventure.

Associate
I found long sessions of BOTW much more comfortable with a Pro Controller. Any game where you're using both joysticks a lot is made much more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom