**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Actually noticed that my Google Play Services battery usage has jumped quite considerably since the 10 update, around 8% of total use.

Soldato
Clearing cache on Google Play Services has dropped battery use to 0.4%.

I think my battery life may have actually improved with the update but is it just me or it's a harder to gauge it now with new metrics under Android 10?

You used to be able to get a SoT reading in battery usage alongside apps and processes per charge, but now it's displayed for a whole day which in my case complicates it as I have to top up to get through the day.

Soldato
Is anyone else finding that cables won't stay snuggly fit into the USB-C port? I've tried quite a few cables and some work better than others, but ultimately if I wiggle the cable just a tiny bit the phone thinks it's been unplugged.

I've cleaned all the fluff out of the port but it didn't help much.

Soldato
Soldato
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/8/2...y-china-device-care-scanner-qihoo-360-privacy

According to Samsung, the truth is less alarming than it appears. The company says the only data sent back to Qihoo is generic information needed to optimize storage — specifically naming OS version, phone model, and storage capacity, among other data. Qihoo’s main contribution is a reference library for identifying junk files, but that library is stored locally in the utility, and Qihoo never receives data that would allow it to identify a particular file on a user’s device.

I swear the only people who actually worry about this sort of stuff are of limited interest to people they know let alone a government :p

Soldato
Is anyone else finding that cables won't stay snuggly fit into the USB-C port? I've tried quite a few cables and some work better than others, but ultimately if I wiggle the cable just a tiny bit the phone thinks it's been unplugged.

Your port is on its way out. Take it to a repair center and have them check it out :)

Soldato

Just a thought.. do you have a case on? I had to change the cable my OH was using the other day because the 3rd party one she had in the car wouldn't play nicely with her Mous case.

Soldato
The phone is from eGlobalCentral (HK import) so I assume that the warranty is worthless :(

I have the very thin cover on that was included in the box. It's never got in the way before but I can try without it.

Soldato
The phone is from eGlobalCentral (HK import) so I assume that the warranty is worthless :(

I have the very thin cover on that was included in the box. It's never got in the way before but I can try without it.

Mmm no it won't be that. Is it the OEM cable?

And no the warranty won't be valid here.. part of the reason why they're cheaper tbh.

Soldato
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/8/2...y-china-device-care-scanner-qihoo-360-privacy

I swear the only people who actually worry about this sort of stuff are of limited interest to people they know let alone a government :p

I get what you're saying, but the fact that someone wants this data enough to employ underhand methods to obtain it (albeit seemingly not in this specific Samsung case), means that everyone should have an equally strong desire to prevent this third party doing so.

Soldato
I get what you're saying, but the fact that someone wants this data enough to employ underhand methods to obtain it (albeit seemingly not in this specific Samsung case), means that everyone should have an equally strong desire to prevent this third party doing so.

I might be being careless but I feel like I've got about a thousand other things to worry about before that even features as a topic.

Frankly that sort of thing also starts giving people like facebook a free pass because of all the static around the topic of privacy more generally.

Analysing the non specific storage of my phone is in a different league to targeting fake news for money... IMO of course.

Associate

Might be worth grabbing one of the wireless charging pads to save it getting any worse? I use it fairly frequently and it works fine, quick charge is available too!

Soldato
Might be worth grabbing one of the wireless charging pads to save it getting any worse? I use it fairly frequently and it works fine, quick charge is available too!

I think I'll have to even though I do love charging at 3A on a wired charger.

I just spoke to Samsung via their webchat and they said take it to a Samsung Service Center and their technicans can quote to fix it. It can't be repaired under warranty because it's a non-EU device which I already knew would be the case.

Associate
I think I'll have to even though I do love charging at 3A on a wired charger.

I just spoke to Samsung via their webchat and they said take it to a Samsung Service Center and their technicans can quote to fix it. It can't be repaired under warranty because it's a non-EU device which I already knew would be the case.

Can't the wireless fast charge pads also do that though, or is it slightly slower? Mine can still juice up fairly quickly!

Back
Top Bottom