Getting Irish nationality for children?

Associate
You've linked to cases where others don't meet the minimum requirements for the UK. Not sure how relevant that is to your previous post "with a British passport I'll spent years on the outside looking in, as the process my application to live in the EU".

well currently we in the EU so all those people with non EU passport are "on the out side looking in", and since i had said post Brexit just before were you quote me we will also be on the outside of the EU looking in.
and yes i know they all UK cases but that because i can't read non english news papers, but i'm guessing most EU countries will have similar rules as the UK and that similar things happen

Caporegime
well currently we in the EU so all those people with non EU passport are "on the out side looking in", and since i had said post Brexit just before were you quote me we will also be on the outside of the EU looking in.
and yes i know they all UK cases but that because i can't read non english news papers, but i'm guessing most EU countries will have similar rules as the UK and that similar things happen

But you're refiguring to 1) UK rules and 2) financial requirements not timeline - it's conflating rather different things...

Soldato
My son is called Frederik and yes, he got some educational toys at Christmas.

He's also getting dual Nationality with Finland, as I have just been accepted for mine as well.

What's your problem?
Purely out of interest, does that make him eligible for National Service?

Soldato
Earning £18,600 isn't some impossible barrier to overcome, though it does seem arbitrary
It's not impossible no, but there are situations in which it's just not possible to go that route and you end up having to put £62,500 into a U.K. bank a/c for 6 months before making your application, but I digress. Yes, it is arbitrary and that's the real point. We have (soon to be had) a system where if you as a Brit married an EU citizen, there were no real issues, but if married a non EU person, you have all sorts of hoops to jump through.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My son is called Frederik and yes, he got some educational toys at Christmas.

He's also getting dual Nationality with Finland, as I have just been accepted for mine as well.

What's your problem?

Having just come back from a christmas holiday in Ruka, Finland, I'm super envious. Norway and Canada were on our list of countries to emigrate too, but Finland has now been added into the pot as well.

Do you like F1 and photography and have aspirations for your son to go to University and become an Engineer?

Apart from the photography, you've just pretty much described me!

Soldato
I remember there being talk of the EU offering citizenship to British people who applied after Brexit. It's a pity it seems to have been killed off as I certainly would be applying for myself and family.

OP I have no advice to offer but wish you luck and hope you get it sorted for your family!

I do find it funny though that so many people think nothing bad is going to happen once we leave. Granted nobody outside the government knows for certain what the impact will be and I don't think we'll see anything happening suddenly. But I do honestly believe there will be a lot of negatives around this and am surprised more people don't.

Soldato
I looked into the possibility of getting my German passport, but unfortunately they don't allow dual citizenship, and I already have two other citizenships. So no EU access for me.

:(

Not willing to give one of them up?

I remember there being talk of the EU offering citizenship to British people who applied after Brexit. It's a pity it seems to have been killed off as I certainly would be applying for myself and family.

OP I have no advice to offer but wish you luck and hope you get it sorted for your family!

I do find it funny though that so many people think nothing bad is going to happen once we leave. Granted nobody outside the government knows for certain what the impact will be and I don't think we'll see anything happening suddenly. But I do honestly believe there will be a lot of negatives around this and am surprised more people don't.

They think that because it doesn't directly effect them. Until the government increase taxes or they have their P45 coming through the letterbox due to job cuts.

Back
Top Bottom