I don't really know what I'm doing!! Play along!!

Soldato
OP
Update:... There were no Haribo :eek:

I’ve got pics, but I’m not near the computer and I’m having a mare working out how to get them hosted properly from a mobile...

I’ve barely sat on it, so can’t comment on comfort, but quality wise it’s absolutely top notch...

Associate
Update:... There were no Haribo :eek:

I’ve got pics, but I’m not near the computer and I’m having a mare working out how to get them hosted properly from a mobile...

I’ve barely sat on it, so can’t comment on comfort, but quality wise it’s absolutely top notch...

Bummer lol glad the chair is nice! Like the cable mods to look a lot nicer!

Soldato
OP
So... I've not had cause to properly sit on it yet as the GPU is still away for RMA, but first impressions are great.

Everything came really well packaged. Not an exciting thing to point out, but when spending £500 on a chair, then any knocks, scuffs or scratches would be incredibly disappointing

HQAaWXy.jpg

LGOpqVh.jpg

Went together dead easy. Probably 15-20 minutes on my own. No issue for anyone to sling one of these together. Instructions were nice and clear, and in a nice laminated cardboard booklet rather than the tatty Ikea style bit of paper you might expect.

Neck cushion, great, back cushion, kinda pointless frankly.

7zcW7aO.jpg

The leather is fantastic quality, looks so much better in person than it does in my poorly taken snaps on an old iPhone

Kxne0r7.jpg

bdSZAME.jpg

Looking forward to actually having reason to use it in the near future!!

Associate
So...

Contraversial, I know, but I went with the 'use a gloved finger to spread the kryonaut' method on the CPU...

K3wQ5Qz.jpg

Then I remembered that no matter which way I'd done it, someone would tell me I'm an idiot and i shoud have done an 'X', or a pea sized blob, or that you should sling loads on, or as little as possible... The E-anxiety brought on one or two of these.

5BWcddJ.jpg

Finally, the board was slung together enough to bung into the case.

44YKVGg.jpg

After having a complete ball ache getting the motherboard to line up with the case, it's in...

wQ9tccS.jpg

My issue now, is that I have two case fans, and zero clue where to plug the buggers in?!?
That looks a good way of applying the thermal paste. Also that cooler is huge.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, apparently the new AMD chips aren’t just a central chip (thingy?? Die??), so a blob in the middle isn’t necessarily the move anymore.

someone will always tell you otherwise though, but it’s performing well so I’m happy. Well, it was until I sent the GPU back :(

The cooler is indeed huge. Quiet though, looks nice, and keeps things nice and chill :cool:

Soldato
OP
UPDATE: The card went back to Gigabyte, and was returned ‘no fault found’, was tested again by OcUK and same fault found, and was again returned to Gigabyte...

I only learnt this yesterday when I checked for any progress and I’ve already been offered a 2080 Super as a replacement.

I know I’m starting to sound quite the shill by now, but again I couldn’t be happier with the service from this place. Effectively been given an upgrade for the sake of some inconvenience.
Considering I could have simply been told to sod off for removing the sticker, can’t say fairer than that!

Associate
UPDATE: The card went back to Gigabyte, and was returned ‘no fault found’, was tested again by OcUK and same fault found, and was again returned to Gigabyte...

I only learnt this yesterday when I checked for any progress and I’ve already been offered a 2080 Super as a replacement.

I know I’m starting to sound quite the shill by now, but again I couldn’t be happier with the service from this place. Effectively been given an upgrade for the sake of some inconvenience.
Considering I could have simply been told to sod off for removing the sticker, can’t say fairer than that!

That's amazing CS bet your pleased! :cool:

Soldato
OP
So, new GPU installed and very pleased I am too!!

I've been running some benchmarks a few times in a row by way of a kind of stress test to make sure there are no issues with the fans as per the last card. I'm very pleased to say there are not. :cool:

Strange thing though... Every time I run the Superposition benchmark(1080 extreme)I get a higher score?!? Not dramatically, but 15-20 more points each time. Started with a score of ~6900 and the last was ~7000. Is there any explanation for this, or is it just a margin of error thing??

Also, noticed that the card boosts higher running Heaven than it does running Superposition (2130 Mhz vs 1950Mhz).

Of course, none of this is an issue in the slightest, just trying to understand what I'm looking at...

Lastly, it looks like I've run out of things to do to this rig right now, but it's been fun so I'm thinking about increasing the RAM to 32 gig, and getting a better CPU now... My reaseach tells me that neither will be of any tangible use to me when I really only use this thing for gaming. Does anyone feel like convincing me otherwise?

Edit: Also, last time I'll mention it, but massive credit to OcUK for their customer service. Two pretty major parts had to go back. The PSU I'd already replaced from elsewhere and OcUK refunded me with zero fuss. There was a bit of fuss around the return of the GPU, but that was down to me removing the bloody sticker, and then Gigabyte not recognising the faulty fan. Neither of which were the fault of OcUK, and ultimately I came out of it with a free upgrade from OcUK to a 2080 Super just to get it all sorted. Well played OcUK, and thanks.

Soldato
Believe Gigabyte and OCUK have close relationship , staff members or something so guessing if OCUK Def fou d it after Gigabyte then they'd be happy to comply .
Glad to hear your up and running

Associate
Hi Mate. How are you finding that motherboard? Can you hear the fan on the chipset at all when under load? I'm looking at getting the same board but have heard that the fans on the x570 boards can be a bit noisy so I'm not too sure about going x570 or x470

Soldato
OP
Hi Mate. How are you finding that motherboard? Can you hear the fan on the chipset at all when under load? I'm looking at getting the same board but have heard that the fans on the x570 boards can be a bit noisy so I'm not too sure about going x570 or x470

The board’s great. Basically silent when not under load.

When it is under load, I don’t notice the chipset fan over the sound of the CPU and GPU anyway (which in comparison to any previous builds I’ve done are still extremely quiet).

I don’t overclock (at least I haven’t yet) but in my research before the build it seems that this board is more than capable of decent stable overclock too...

I recommend it, and it’s a decent price too.

Soldato
OP
3bUo67p.jpg

I think I've finally run out of stuff to do...

Just upgraded to the Razer Viper Ultimate because I wanted wireless.

I was intending to upgrade the monitor, but this one is a blinder. I'd be looking at something like the LG 34GK950G, which would be £800 for an extra 25Hz... Not worth it! I like the look of the Razer Raptor, but it's not availible over here, and I don't think I could go back now I have an ultrawide. If Razer drop an ultrawide then I'll go full shill and spend too much on one.

Maybe get a noble footrest for good measure?

I 'could' get a ThermalTake AIO and get some ThermalTake RGB RAM I guess. I should have got faster RAM in the first place, and the TT stuff can be controlled by Razer Synapse so it would all sync up, but I don't know if that's just throwing cash at it for the sake of it?

Associate
3bUo67p.jpg

I think I've finally run out of stuff to do...

Just upgraded to the Razer Viper Ultimate because I wanted wireless.

I was intending to upgrade the monitor, but this one is a blinder. I'd be looking at something like the LG 34GK950G, which would be £800 for an extra 25Hz... Not worth it! I like the look of the Razer Raptor, but it's not availible over here, and I don't think I could go back now I have an ultrawide. If Razer drop an ultrawide then I'll go full shill and spend too much on one.

Maybe get a noble footrest for good measure?

I 'could' get a ThermalTake AIO and get some ThermalTake RGB RAM I guess. I should have got faster RAM in the first place, and the TT stuff can be controlled by Razer Synapse so it would all sync up, but I don't know if that's just throwing cash at it for the sake of it?

Looks nice mate get the GPU back now then?

Soldato
Looks very nice, of your want some subtle lighting, then Phanteks Halo RGB fan covers over the Pure Wing /Silent wing fans .
Light isn't overpowering and the texture of the fan makes for some lovely effects .
Plus the darked glass cuts a lot of lighting glare out

Associate
Probably my favourite part!!

Only got my old Roccat stuff to compare them too, but I love them. Razer stuff always feels quality to use, and their mice are certainly the best I've ever used. With the speakers, keyboard and mouse all synced up the whole setup looks brilliant.

Love the clever use of lighting on the speakers too.

Razer is pricey though...
I got a mid range (membrane I think not mechanical) Rzaer chroma cynaosa keyboard for Christmas and just love it - quality feel

Back
Top Bottom