Doctor Who

Soldato
I don't think most people obsess over diversity, in my experience it is more when it is jammed into a film/show with all the subtlety of a toddler trying to cram the square peg in the round hole. I couldn't care less who is playing a role as long as they portray the character well and I 'believe' that they are that character. It's when you can almost hear the casting choice being based on some diversity criteria rather than, say, the ability to act that it really stick out and removes you from the entertainment. After all, I watch things to be entertained and for escapism, not to be lectured and reminded of modern politics. That's what the news is for. :rolleyes:

Soldato
2nd episode was boring, JW still doesn't have the presence of the Doctor and i don't like the Master reincarnate actor - nothing about him portrays the Master and he could be playing ANY bad guy.

A lot of stuff we were expected to accept without seeing it - JW explaining all her time travel shenanigans to the Master (did they run out of budget?)

Episode dragged................ :(

Soldato
I thought the opposite of everything you stated. Great episode, Sacha was great as The Master.

There was nothing that made him stand out as the Master, the same as there is nothing that makes JW stand out as the Doctor. Both actors are are great actors, but inside the Whouniverse, atm, they quite bluntly, suck donkey balls.

The Doctor needs a "I am the Doctor" speech as well as not been confused and saying "i don't know" to every question asked, and the Master, needs to be more eccentric/quirky/menacing.

They both are doing nothing that shows they are Time LORDS.

I quite liked John Simm as the Master.

Soldato
Every past doctor has behaved like he doesn't know what to do or what's going on at times. Also she has had a few I am The Doctor type speeches.

It's your opinion and you are entitled to it, however like every other Doctor I have watched over the last 37 year, I really like Jodie. That is my opinion.

Soldato
There was nothing that made him stand out as the Master, the same as there is nothing that makes JW stand out as the Doctor. Both actors are are great actors, but inside the Whouniverse, atm, they quite bluntly, suck donkey balls.

The Doctor needs a "I am the Doctor" speech.

I quite liked John Simm as the Master.

Still not a huge fan of Jodie, as the doctor anyway.

simm I thought was amazing. The way the whole story was written you developed a natural hatred towards the character when he was actually killed off as there was quite a depth behind his backstory and development.

Female doctor, sure fine but it needed someone half decent. Can you imagine Alex Kingston (river) as the doctor, now that would be something to witness.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 5th Doctor was similar in that he was nervous and unsure a lot of the time. Some doctor may have seemed like they were confident and knew what to do but most of the time they weren't.

Associate
Worst episode of the modern era.

While it was just Alien set in Cleethorpes they had something, then to throw that much heavy handedness onto it while retconning how their time travel device has always worked just killed it. This is like those early episodes of Supergirl where their idea of girl power was yelling at the audience instead of learning show, not tell.

Soldato
Could have been good but the BBC just can't help pushing the SJW agenda down our throats. Very low budget with the supporting cast look like they were plucked from a local amateur dramatic circle.

Also Jodie still needs to calm down and act a bit less wide eyed and manic, more like the wise 100's of years old being she is supposed to be.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The aliens might have been a little better if they didn’t move at 2 miles an hour and seem far more preoccupied with roaring every 5 seconds. The actor who plays Ryan is just a joke. Is he meant to be special needs?

I know this is fundamentally a children’s show but there is no reason they can’t come up with a decent plot without relying on running away from a comically stupid enemy with smatterings of fake drama and weak danger.

I’d almost forgotten about the elderly couple as well. Just bizarre and very annoying.

Soldato
The aliens might have been a little better if they didn’t move at 2 miles an hour and seem far more preoccupied with roaring every 5 seconds. The actor who plays Ryan is just a joke. Is he meant to be special needs?

I know this is fundamentally a children’s show but there is no reason they can’t come up with a decent plot without relying on running away from a comically stupid enemy with smatterings of fake drama and weak danger.

I’d almost forgotten about the elderly couple as well. Just bizarre and very annoying.
Who has always featured this type of scene. Classic Who was filled with lots of running from silly monsters.

Soldato
Would have been a reasonable episode if it wasn't for the ramming of the climate change agenda down our throats.

Climate change agenda?

It was a classic Sci-Fi trope a la Planet of the Apes

Pretty funny i thought and ok until the end with the preachy crap again.
What is going on in Chibs mind? why does he think this is what the viewers want to watch?

Why is it 'preachy crap'? It's using current events (an entire continent is on fire, for example) as a driving force behind a potential future catastrophic event.

Decent episode, the monsters were a bit crap but it is a kids' show. It's not like the Daleks are physically imposing :p

Back
Top Bottom