Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
It's more the platinum watches/buckles etc. they can be worth from $1-$20 each I think so you can easily make a few hundred dollars at a fence

Yeah, that and the health tonics, snake oil... oh and hair pomade! Gotta look dapper!

Though I ended up with about 12 of each buckle, multiples of each type of ring and watch, 26 health tonics, etc. by chapter six.

Still had to loot all those bodies, mind!

Associate
As a trader drove my full 100 load wagon to riggs station to sell.
I get there and park in the yellow area horse stops and wont move again so figure i am done. Wait and nothing happens the buyer just stands looking at me.
So i thought can i get off wagon as seem to be stuck.
I get off the buyer drops dead and my wagon disappears.
Check my credits and lost it no $500 sale for me.
Sod it i logged in disgust.

Soldato
Just finished chapter six after close to 200 hours. I really like the way they go about continuing the story. I had a feeling they'd do something like that. Superb.

Soldato
This is one of the things I like most about the game
The NPC interactions are very good with very few bugs.

I lost my first horse like this.

Parked it at a station but on the wrong side of the fence.

I just shot a guy on the road and stole his horse.

This then became my "main" horse.

Do you ever find anything worthwhile?
Most people only seem to carry $1-5 or so. I don't think it's worth the trouble.
The trick is to rob trains, that's where the real money is. If you can pull it off without jonny law seeing you and no bounty then it's like 200 dollars or more. If you kill everyone after driving them you get more too when you loot their corpses. Obviously this is not good for your rep and very difficult to do without getting a massive bounty

Soldato
Is cdkeys the best place to buy the game? Also is the special edition worth the extra cash?
I got it on CD Keys, it was the bets price when I checked a few months ago. Special ed. was not worth it for me personally - I've already gotten 111 hours (only on chapter 3 so far) and will get hundreds more hours out of this brilliant gameworld before I even try the Online mode.

Soldato
I got it on CD Keys, it was the bets price when I checked a few months ago. Special ed. was not worth it for me personally - I've already gotten 111 hours (only on chapter 3 so far) and will get hundreds more hours out of this brilliant gameworld before I even try the Online mode.

Think I'll buy it later on if the wife goes out. Treat myself :D

Soldato
Think I'll buy it later on if the wife goes out. Treat myself :D
One thing I'll say is that you really have to stick with it through the tutorial. It throws all sorts of info at you and there is a lot of story cutscenes that it starts to feel a bit much, but then suddenly it let's you go

Soldato
One thing I'll say is that you really have to stick with it through the tutorial. It throws all sorts of info at you and there is a lot of story cutscenes that it starts to feel a bit much, but then suddenly it let's you go

With most games I try to skip the cut scenes as much as I can. They don't interest me at all. I just want to pay the game.

Ended up going out last night so I've not got it yet. Need a fresh instal of windows then I'll buy it today.

Pad or keyboard and mouse ?

Soldato
With most games I try to skip the cut scenes as much as I can. They don't interest me at all. I just want to pay the game.

Ended up going out last night so I've not got it yet. Need a fresh instal of windows then I'll buy it today.

Pad or keyboard and mouse ?

I wouldnt recommend this one if you intend to skip all the cutscenes, unless your after online only I guess?

It contains one of the best stories told in gaming imo, to skip it/rush through would do you and the game a disservice. But then it's fun to play regardless, just my 2 cents

Soldato
Finished the Epilogue this morning.

104 hours (which will include probably 8-10 hours online), and one of my favourite gaming experiences of recent times. Scratch that - of all time.

Sure, the tutorial was too long and slow. Sure, the controls are clunky on occasion. Sure the final chapter of the main story was too long as well (I think the game could have benefitted from a more zealous editing process in a few places, tbh).

But, it's the best gameworld I've ever experienced. It felt more real and more alive than any other I can think of. The story and the characters supported this impression and lent your avatar meaning and purpose in the world. The large number of random encounters and stranger missions helped build the impression of being part of a living environment. Great story, too. I felt hope, I felt despair, I felt regret, I felt redemption.

Although,
I thought it would have fitted much better if John could refuse to go to seek revenge on Micah in the last mission of the Epilogue. I felt the whole ending was building to a kind of "the best revenge is a life well lived" vibe, and I kept waiting for an option to pop up letting me decide to stay on the ranch, then to return to the ranch, but no. It didn't feel right as an ending given how the Epilogue had played out up to that point.

I'm going to miss the world in a way I've not felt about a game for a very long time. Possibly ever. A genuinely brilliant game.

Soldato
Finished the Epilogue this morning.

104 hours (which will include probably 8-10 hours online), and one of my favourite gaming experiences of recent times. Scratch that - of all time.

Sure, the tutorial was too long and slow. Sure, the controls are clunky on occasion. Sure the final chapter of the main story was too long as well (I think the game could have benefitted from a more zealous editing process in a few places, tbh).

But, it's the best gameworld I've ever experienced. It felt more real and more alive than any other I can think of. The story and the characters supported this impression and lent your avatar meaning and purpose in the world. The large number of random encounters and stranger missions helped build the impression of being part of a living environment. Great story, too. I felt hope, I felt despair, I felt regret, I felt redemption.

Although,
I thought it would have fitted much better if John could refuse to go to seek revenge on Micah in the last mission of the Epilogue. I felt the whole ending was building to a kind of "the best revenge is a life well lived" vibe, and I kept waiting for an option to pop up letting me decide to stay on the ranch, then to return to the ranch, but no. It didn't feel right as an ending given how the Epilogue had played out up to that point.

I'm going to miss the world in a way I've not felt about a game for a very long time. Possibly ever. A genuinely brilliant game.

Epic game and ties so beautifully with the events of RDR1, especially the epilogue. The fact that
after the credits, John and Abigail
are standing in the exact same spot where
they would both be buried a few years later
was especially touching.

Soldato
OK so I went to gunshop and equipped my guns to shoulder etc. in there, as recommended. Then I ride out, get off my horse and all my guns are gone as always. Why do guns not stay equipped?

Ree

Ree

Associate
OK so I went to gunshop and equipped my guns to shoulder etc. in there, as recommended. Then I ride out, get off my horse and all my guns are gone as always. Why do guns not stay equipped?

i have no idea. av done what you did and they constantly unequipped anyway which was one of the most annoying things in the game if am honest.

Caporegime
No idea, I spent $350 on a rifle, left the store, got killed by some online player who seemed to be sniping from afar, respawn to find no rifle but still $$$ down. :/

I love this game nearly as much as I hate it at times! :p

Associate
I keep meaning to specifically look up the animals/items I need to upgrade everything, but i end up just riding round killing stuff and hoping its the right thing. It barely ever is >_>

Caporegime
I think there was a launcher update before Christmas and it's removed my logon details from the Social Club thing. I've requested a password reset about 10 or so times and have heard nothing back. Not impressed.

Soldato
I'm into Chapter 6 and it's annoying me, a mixture of sadness and not wanting it to end and hatred towards dutch and Micah, they are really ******* me off! :D

Annoyed as well that I had a great race horse, level 4, never ran off etc and while running away from the police in Saint Denis an officer on a horse ran out in front of me before I could react. I get busted, horse died :( Now the stupid race replacement runs off each time I get off instead of just waiting and the white arabian is nowhere to be found.

Back
Top Bottom