US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Soldato
Good. I honestly don’t know how Iran could possibly sustained the nonsensical defence of a technical fault, when there was video of the shoot down, missile debris found in the area, apparent shrapnel damage to the wreckage, which was then promptly bulldozed to prevent analysis and the refusal to handover the black boxes. I honestly don’t know how spokespeople can stand in front of an audience, and barefaced lie with such conviction.

Soldato
RIP to the 176 who died on the plane. Not a good way to go.

On a more practical level, you would think any civilian airline brave enough to operate in or out of places like Iran would fit some sort of anti missile ECM or countermeasures to its aircraft, just in case of this eventuality.

Soldato
Does seem like an accident given how many Iranians were on board. I initially thought it might have been done intentionally and was an attempt to stir up trouble elsewhere, expanding a war, with Russia being allies and the Ukraine not exactly best buddies with Russia.
As if shooting the passenger plane down wasn't a big enough mistake, lying about it to their own people who were involved (80+dead) and even the international community makes it even worse.Given the proximity and timing of the liner coming down it was obvious what the probable cause was.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see there already partly blaming the US for the shooting down of the plane
I get that Donald Trump kicked this all off but it was Iran who decided to blow up some patches of mud on US base with their missiles. They chose when to attack the mud and their missiles later scored this own goal.

First they lie about it and then have the gall to blame it on someone else. Hmm someone in Iran is not taking responsibility!

RIP plane passengers.

Soldato
Forget the blame game, if the Iranian general was still alive some other innocents somewhere else would be dead by his hand sometime in the future.

Some of the conspiracies on twitter about this were astounding. Sometimes news is just news clear as you see it. As I said before statistically shooting it down was the only realistic cause.

PR disaster for Iran, but it will all be forgotten when the next spark of conflict arises

Soldato
Im getting fed up of this happening. Why are we allowing passenger jets to fly over hostile countries. It should be stopped, period.

And secondly we need to step up the sanctions and military intervention in these countries again. They cannot be trusted and that is never going to improve.

Caporegime
Im getting fed up of this happening. Why are we allowing passenger jets to fly over hostile countries. It should be stopped, period.

And secondly we need to step up the sanctions and military intervention in these countries again. They cannot be trusted and that is never going to improve.

It wasnt flying over, it was a commercial flight taking off from Iran.

The US have shot down a commercial airliner previously:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Last edited:
Soldato
It wasnt flying over, it was a commercial flight taking off from Iran.

The US have shot down a commercial airliner previously:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

No commercial jets should be operating in or going anywhere near the entire middle east. It should be a military no fly zone.

That US shoot down is equally as bad but would not happen if the area was a no fly zone.

Soldato
This whole mess makes Iran look completely incompetent. Stampede deaths at a funeral, downing a passenger jet...
Becuase this never happens to the west?
We had a stampede at a FOOTBALL game.

The american military cut a cable car line with a plane killing 20, all for a bit of fun then deleted vital evidence and they all walked away from two trials with what amounts to a slap on the wrist.

Let's not pretend that this whole mess is just exclusive to Iran or the Middle East...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom