Harry and Meghan to resign

Man of Honour
I dont see what the major issue is, Was he ever getting on the throne? No probably not, Stepping down doing his own thing and taking less money out the tax payers pot (maybe not now but in the future) is a good thing and good on them. The rest of the "royal family" that serve no great purpose (Anne Andrew and Edwards lot) should take a leaf out of their book, anyone who is double digits or greater in line for the job should be left to fend for themselves

I have a deal of a lifetime for you!

You give me £100 and I will give you £15 of it back. That's the same deal that the Queen has and Prince Harry is paid by the Queen.

By your argument, that would be me giving you £15, you taking money out of my pot. I'm offering you free money here! In fact, I'll scale it up and give you even more free money! You give me £10,000 and I'll give you £1,500 of it back. You give me £100,000 and I'll give you £15,000 of it back.

I'll be expecting you to contact me with bank details.

Associate
watched question time last night and a woman in the audience made a brilliant point we treat the royal family like a transactional arrangement we give them money and they give us entertainment its not got through to Harry and Meghan yet we no longer give them the divine right to rule over us.

Soldato
This was clearly a decision made by her and not him.

Megan - "I'm not happy so I want to go back home!"

Harry - "Yes honey, I do whatever say........ "

Reminds me of my friend who married a psychopath and now she controls his life.

Caporegime
They entertain?

How?
In the case of Harry and Meghan, all they've done recently is sulk on TV. I'm not seeing the entertainment value either.

Whatever he did previously (I don't really know; I'm not interested), in recent times it's just been an ongoing battle between them and the media. Oh and the ridiculous "We've had a baby, it's a special baby because it's a royal baby. Herp derp."

It's boring tbh. The news wants to keep us updated with every minor development in their lives, but frankly many of us find it tedious.

Caporegime

Megan - "I'm not happy so I want to go back home!"

Harry - "Yes honey, I do whatever say........ "

Reminds me of my friend who married a psychopath and now she controls his life.

Or... maybe he's entirely happy with his relationship? No wonder people get divorced so much, there's zero respect in the institution of it. From the moment the speculation of marriage occurs, the speculation of divorce is right behind it like a vulture, not because it's sensible, but because it's entertainment.

Soldato
They have trademarked the sussex’s title and its used for memorabilia and merchandise etc

I hope the queen strips them of the title will be a nice slap in the face

Soldato
watched question time last night and a woman in the audience made a brilliant point we treat the royal family like a transactional arrangement we give them money and they give us entertainment its not got through to Harry and Meghan yet we no longer give them the divine right to rule over us.

that’s a brilliant point? They aren’t there to ‘entertain us’. They are there to help the State and the Queen. Be that doing charity work or representing the Queen and Gov at home or abroad. This is part of the problem when people think they are there for our entertainment.

Caporegime
They have trademarked the sussex’s title and its used for memorabilia and merchandise etc

I hope the queen strips them of the title will be a nice slap in the face

Not as much of a slap in the face to the public when she'd do that over giving up Prince Andrew, that would just be unconscionably rude.

British Royal family:
  • Probable nonce/sex offender & friend of a sex trafficker - allowed
  • People fed up of a disgustingly intrusive media environment, with no morals - not allowed.
Not a very good image there for the Queen and by extension the UK, who's barely put a foot wrong in her multi-decade reign.

Last edited:

B&W

B&W

Soldato
It's creepy that the media are covering and hating on them more than they did Andrew's exploits. Same with the queen's response to both.

They've been hating on her for a long time and it's quite sickening, not sure if it's because she's not regal like Kate or because of her skin colour. But it is bordering on hate.

I do understand the outrage over this though, they shouldn't be allowed to use money from public funds for there own interests which they will now do.

Soldato
can always rely on the guardian Harry and Meghan's retreat is 'missed opportunity' for UK race relations
.. as some remarked here, in surprise, at her heritage, did that really impact public opinion, it was just the media that suggested it should,
this integration has never had the magnitude of Obama, which, genuinely helped the race equality cause.

agree, she seemed unable to manage the exposure of her parental relationship in the public domain, demonstrating an act then think type personality.

Caporegime
They've been hating on her for a long time and it's quite sickening, not sure if it's because she's not regal like Kate or because of her skin colour. But it is bordering on hate.
I doubt it's her skin colour. She's near enough white. Plenty of Brits tan up darker than her (a fair few in my own family :p)

She's American tho which might me more relevant in terms of press hate. Who knows. But I very much doubt her skin colour has anything to do with it.

She's not exactly "black", although she seems to consider herself "black".

Back
Top Bottom